The University of Education Winneba (UEW) Sandwich Undergraduate Admission Forms for the 2021/2022 academic year is out. Qualified candidates should see full application details below.
Applications are invited from qualified applicants for admission into regular, sandwich (SESSION: JULY – AUGUST EACH YEAR) and distance programmes at University of Education, Winneba for the 2021/2022 academic year.
- 1 UEW SANDWICH COURSES AVAILABLE FOR ADMISSION
- 2 MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- 3 How to Apply for UEW Sandwich Admissions
- 4 Cost of Online Application Forms
UEW SANDWICH COURSES AVAILABLE FOR ADMISSION
FACULTY OF EDUCATIONAL STUDIES
- Post Diploma (B.Ed. Counselling Psychology)
- Post-Diploma (B.Ed. Basic Education [Junior High School])
- Post-Diploma (B.Ed. Basic Education [Upper Primary: P4-P6])
- Post-Diploma (B.Ed. Early Grade Education)
- Diploma in Early Grade Education
- Diploma in Education
- Certificate in Early Grade Education (Preschool Education)
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
- Diploma in Business Administration (Finance Option)
SCHOOL OF CREATIVE ARTS
- Diploma in Art
- Diploma in Graphic Design
SCHOOL OF MEDIA STUDIES AND COMMUNICATION
- Diploma in French Education
FACULTY OF SCIENCE EDUCATION
- B.Sc. Environmental Health and Sanitation
- Diploma in Mathematics Education
- Certificate in Environmental Health and Sanitation
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
These requirements are to be met in addition to the other programme-specific requirements
Senior High School (SHS) Certificate Holders
- Must have at least, six (6) WASSCE Credit passes(A1-C6) including three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies, as well as
- Three (3) Electives in relevant subjects with the total aggregate of 36 or better.
- Must also satisfy Special Programme requirement(s) for programme(s) chosen.
School Certificate/GCE Holders
- Five (5) credits at GCE “O” Level, including English Language and Mathematics as well as
- Two (2) “A” Level passes other than General Paper in relevant subjects
- Must possess a Higher National Diploma or its equivalence from previous field or area of study.
- Full-Time applicants may pass an interview.
Diploma in Basic Education
1. WASSCE Entry Requirement
Applicants must have Credit passes (A1-C6) in FIVE (5) subjects, comprising THREE (3) Core Subjects including English Language and Mathematics, and TWO (2) Elective Subjects relevant to the programme chosen.
2. SSSCE Entry Requirement
Applicants must have Credits (A-D) in FIVE (5) subjects, comprising THREE (3) Core Subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, and TWO (2) Elective Subjects relevant to the programme chosen.
OTHER DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES ENTRY REQUIREMENT
1. WASSCE Entry Requirement
- Six passes (A1 – D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
- Must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialization.
2. SSSCE Entry Requirement
- Six passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
- At least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization.
- Must be at least, 25 years by September 1, 2021.
- Should have a minimum of a GCE/SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate/ DBS or RSA certificate.
- Must pass the UEW Entrance Exam in General Aptitude Test (GAT) and Subject Area Test (SAT)
How to Apply for UEW Sandwich Admissions
Obtain an Application Voucher from any of the following Banks/Sources:
- All UEW Revenue Points
- Ghana Post
- GCB Bank Ltd
- IT Consortium (Mobile Money Sales)
- Zenith Bank Gh Ltd
- Consolidated Bank Gh Ltd
- Prudential Bank
- Republic Bank Gh Ltd
- Agricultural Development Bank
- Ecobank Ghana Ltd
- Stanbic Bank Gh Ltd
- First Atlantic Bank Ltd
Visit the University’s website at www.uew.edu.gh. Click on Admissions, and select Apply Online >>>. Log in with your Voucher Serial Number and PIN, fill an appropriate application form and submit online.
Cost of Online Application Forms
Cost of Online Application Forms (Bachelor’s degree and Diploma programmes)
|All Post-Diploma Applicants||GH¢200.00|
- Fee-paying facility is available to applicants who do not meet the competitive selection cut-offs but satisfy the minimum university requirements.
- Special Education applicants should pass the entrance examination in their second programme before selection.
- Successful applicants of Ghanaian Language would be given the opportunity to offer a second subject in English/French/Linguistics/German.
- Physical Education and Sports Coaching applicants should not be more than Forty (40) and Fifty (50) years respectively.
- Submitting an application with supporting documents is the first step in the selection process. Applicants are entreated to study the admissions brochure carefully before completing an application.
- All certificates and results other than those from the West African Examinations Council, the Universities and Polytechnics in Ghana and institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board should be cleared with the National Accreditation Board and the evaluation report submitted to the University. You can call 0302-518630, 286013/14, 518570 for assistance.
Closing Date for Submission of Application Forms
- Direct Applicant: Thursday, 30th September, 2021
- Mature Applicants: Tuesday, August 10, 2021
- Post-Diploma Applicants: Thursday, 30th September, 2021
Entrance Examination Dates 2021/2022
- Subject Area Test for Special Education candidates only (SAT)
Thursday, August 12th, 2021 (Paper starts at 3:00 p. m.)
- Subject Area Test for all Mature Candidates including Special Education Candidates
Friday, August 13th, 2021 (Paper starts at 8:00 a. m.)
- General Aptitude Test for all Mature Candidates.
Saturday, August 14, 2021 (Paper starts at 8:00)