TheUniversity of Education Winneba, UEW Distance Education Admission Forms for the 2019/2020 academic year is out online. Mature and Post Diploma Qualified applications should see full application details below.
The University is a co-educational, secular institution of higher learning. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes under ten faculties, two schools, two institutes and over fifty Departments.
Applications are invited from qualified applicants for admission into regular, sandwich (SESSION: JULY – AUGUST EACH YEAR) and distance programmes at University of Education, Winneba for the 2019/2020 academic year.
Get all the important information on University of Education Winneba UEW 2019/2020 Distance Education Admission Forms below
See Also: UEW Undergraduate Admission Forms
The University of Education, Winneba wishes to inform the general public that application forms for admission to the following programmes by Distance Learning for the 2019/2020Academic Year will be on sale until the end of April, 2019 for Mature applicants and June, 2019 for Post-Diploma applicants.
A. DEGREE/POST DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
(1) B.Ed. in Basic Education (Primary Option)
(2) B.Ed. in Basic Education (J.H.S. Option)
(3) B.Ed. in Early Childhood Education
(4) B.A. in English Language Education
(5) B.Sc. in Mathematics Education
(6) B.A. in Social Studies Education
(7) 4-yearBachelor of Business Administration in Accounting Studies
(4) Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management
B. DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
(1) Diploma in Basic Education
(2) Diploma in Early Childhood Education
(3) Diploma in Accounting Studies
(4) Diploma in Management Studies
(5) Diploma in Education
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR MATURE APPLICANTS (DEGREE AND DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES)
Mature Applicants are applicants who do not possess the requirements for direct entry and are therefore required to pass the university’s entrance examination (General Aptitude Test (GAT) and Subject Area Test (SAT) papers}. Such applicants must:
(i) be at least 25 years by 1st September, 2019, and show proof of their age with any National ID card (SSNIT, Voter ID, Travelling Passport, Drivers’ License etc.) and a birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which must be at least five years old at the time of application.
(ii) have a minimum of GCE/SSSCE/WASSCE, DBS certificate or an equivalent qualification.
(iii) pass the UEW entrance examination in both the General Aptitude Test (GAT) and Subject Area Test (SAT) papers
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR POST DIPLOMA APPLICANTS
A1. BACHELOR OF EDUCATION IN BASIC EDUCATION (PRIMARY OPTION)
Applicants must be Holders of Diploma in Basic Education Certificate. Such applicants will be placed at Level 300 of the B.Ed. in Basic Education programme.
A2. BACHELOR OF EDUCATION IN BASIC EDUCATION (J. H. S. OPTION)
The entry requirements are the same as the requirements for the Bachelor of Education in Basic Education programme
A3. BACHELOR OF EDUCATION IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
Applicants must be Holders of Diploma in Early Childhood Education Certificate will be placed at Level 300 of the B.Ed. in Early Childhood Education programme.
A4. BACHELOR OF ARTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE EDUCATION
Holders of Diploma in Basic Education Certificate can apply for the B.A. in English Language Education programme provided their electives in the Basic Education was in English and have at least Credit grade in Literature-in-English at WASSCE or SSSCE.
A5. BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MATHEMATICS EDUCATION
Holders of Diploma in Basic Education Certificate can apply for the B.Sc. in Mathematics Education programme provided their elective area in the Basic Education was in Mathematics and also have at least credit in Elective Maths at SSSCE or WASSCE.
A6. BACHELOR OF ARTS IN SOCIAL STUDIES EDUCATION
Holders of Diploma in Basic Education Certificate can also apply for the B.Ed. in Basic Education programme provided their electives area in Basic Education was in Social Studies and must have at least credit in any two of the following: Geography, History, Economics, and Government at SSSCE or WASSCE.
A7. BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN ACCOUNTING STUDIES
Holders of Diploma in Accounting Studies certificate from UEW or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Accountancy Certificate will be placed at Level 300 of the BBA in Accounting programme as Post Diploma students.
A8. BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Holders of Diploma in Management Studies certificate from UEW or Tertiary Diploma Certificate in related/relevant subjects with at least Second Class Upper will be placed at Level 300 of the BBA. in Human Resource Management programme as Post-Diploma students.
- Holders of Diploma in Basic/Early Childhood Education certificates who desire to pursue the Human Resource Management programme will be placed at Level 200 of the 4-Year programme. This excludes DBS certificate holders.
A9. DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION
Applicants must possess any ONE of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in any relevant field of study.
- A tertiary Diploma or a Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent in Engineering, Building and Construction, Agriculture, Nursing, etc.
- An Advanced/Part III Certificate in a trade subject.
NB: This programme is available to only holders of Tertiary Diploma certificate and above. SSSCE/WASSCE/Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) qualification alone cannot be used for admission into this programme.
HOW TO APPLY FOR UEW DISTANCE ADMISSIONS
Application into the Distance Learning Programme for the 2019/2020 Academic Year is either by the ONLINE mode or the Hard Copy Application Forms.
For the on line mode, interested applicants should obtain Application Vouchers from the following sources: G.C.B. Bank, Ecobank Ghana Ltd, HFC Bank, Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), Zenith Bank, Fidelity Bank, Unibank and VISA Credit/ Debit Card. Applicants should use the Serial Number and PIN on the voucher to apply at the University’s website: www.uew.edu.gh.
For the hard copy applications, applicants are to purchase a Banker’s Draft in favour of the University of Education, Winneba and present the draft to any of the under-listed Study Centres near them for the Application Forms.
All completed Hard Copy Application forms should be posted to the University through the address below:
Deputy Registrar, lDeL
University of Education, Winneba
P. O. Box 25, Winneba
Candidates would find additional information on the UEW website to guide them.
UEW DISTANCE EDUCATION STUDY CENTRES
|Ashanti||Ashanti Mampong||UEW, Mampong Campus||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Ejisu||Ejisuman S.H.S.||Basic Education programmes Only|
|Kumasi||Kumasi Girls S.H.S.||All programmes|
|Kumasi||UEW Campus||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Obuasi||Fr. Murphy S.H.S.||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Offinso||Offinso College of Education||Basic Education & Diploma in Education Only|
|Brong Ahafo||Atebubu||Atebubu College of Education||Basic & Early Childhood Education Only|
|Bechem||St. Joseph’s College of Edu.||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Sunyani||Twene Amanfo SHTS||All programmes|
|Techiman||UEW, IDeL Office/ Good Shepherd International School||All programmes|
|Central||Assin Fosu||Assin Fosu College of Edu.||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Cape Coast||Cape Coast Technical Institute||All programmes|
|Kasoa||Gateway School Complex||Basic, Early Childhood & Business Programmes|
|Winneba||IDeL, UEW North Campus||All programmes|
|Eastern||Asamankese||Asamankese S.H.S.||Basic Education programmes Only|
|Koforidua||Pope John S.H.S.||All programmes|
|Nkawkaw||Nkawkaw S.H.S.||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Odumase-Krobo||Krobo Girls S. H. S.||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Greater Accra||Accra||Accra College of Education||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Accra||Accra Academy||Basic, Early Childhood, Dip in Education & PGDE Only|
|Accra||Accra Wesley Girls SHS||4-Year Degree & Business programmes only|
|Accra||St. John’s Grammar School||All Programmes|
|Tema||Tema Presby S.H.S., Comm. 11||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Northern||Tamale||Bagabaga College of Education||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Tamale||Northern School of Business||Business & 4-Yr Degree programmes Only|
|Yendi||Yendi Senir High School||Basic Education programmes Only|
|Upper East||Navrongo||St. John Bosco College of Edu.||All programmes|
|Pusiga||Gbewaa College of Education||All programmes|
|Upper West||Wa||N. J. Ahmadiyya College of Edu.||All programmes|
|Volta||Dambai||Dambai College of Education||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Denu||Three Town S.H.S.||All programmes|
|Ho||Ho Technical University||All programmes|
|Hohoe||St. Francis College of Edu.||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Sogakope||Sogakope S.H.S.||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Western||Axim||Manye Academy||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Enchi||Enchi College of Education||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Sekondi||Fijai S.H.S.||All programmes|
|Sefwi-Wiawso||Sefwi-Wiawso S.H.S.||Basic Education programmes Only|
|Sefwi Debiso||Bia S.H.T.S.||Basic, Early Childhood & Dip in Education Only|
|Tarkwa||Tarkwa S.H.S.||Basic Education & Diploma in Education Only|
COST OF APPLICATION FORMS
The cost of the application form for admission to distance programmes for local applicants are as follows:
- Post-Diploma Applicants – Gh¢230.00 (Two Hundred and Thirty Ghana Cedis)
- Mature Applicants –Gh¢330.00 (Three Hundred and Thirty Ghana Cedis – this includes the cost of Study Materials, Preparatory classes and the entrance exams to be organized by the University)
- Foreign Applicants and Ghanaian Applicants outside Ghana can purchase a set of Application forms online for US $100.00 (One Hundred Dollars)
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS
The closing date for the submission of completed Application Forms is Tuesday, 30th April, 2019 (for Mature Applicants) and Friday, 28th June, 2019 (for Direct & Post Diploma Applicants). All completed Hard Copy Application Forms should reach the address above.
- All certificates other than those from the West African Examination Council (WAEC), the Universities in Ghana and Institutions accredited by the National Accreditation Board should be cleared with the National Accreditation Board and the evaluation report attached to the Application Forms.
- For applicants who have changed their names on marital grounds, only those that have been published in the Gazette will be accepted. Applicants should endeavor to attach the relevant pages of the Gazette Publication where their name appears to the application form.
- Names should be written in full (i.e. initials are not acceptable). Where applicants have initials or abbreviated names on previous documents, they should swear an affidavit to explain the initials and attach copies to the application form.
- Applicants with GCE Advanced Level certificate should note that such certificates should not be more than five (5) years old at the time of applying.
ENQUIRIES: For further enquiries you may call: Telephone: 0207381668 / 0248475077 / 0202041141