Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Tullow Oil Recruitment for Tullow Oil Recruitment for Offshore Environment, Health, Safety and Security Coordinator.
Tullow Oil is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company primarily focused on Africa and South America with a portfolio of 90 licenses across 16 countries.
Since 2006, Tullow has had interests in two licenses in offshore Ghana. In 2008, Tullow was appointed as the Jubilee Field Operator and, working with its joint venture partners and the Government of Ghana, went on to achieve first oil in November 2010. The Jubilee field has become Tullow’s key asset generating significant high-margin oil production. Tullow’s second major discovery and subsequent development in Ghana are the TEN fields where first oil was successfully achieved on time and on a budget in August 2016.
- Company: Tullow Oil
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Inducting, monitoring and strongly advocating compliance with Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights
- Ensuring safe launch and recovery drills of Fast Rescue Daughter Craft (FRDC)
- Executing the safety of the patrol teams whiles onboard the FRDCs
- Executing that patrol teams are trained to a competent level ideally so that they can operate the FRDCs independently.
- Managing the deployment and movement of daughter craft by maintaining communication with coxswain of daughter craft and advise. Intercepting and escorting intruding fishing canoes and vessels out of the Exclusion Zones.
- Monitoring and ensuring readiness of EHS&S vessels and equipment or systems under contract scope to meet performance standards of the vessel.
- Overseeing the continuous training of the ship’s crew on the deployment of Oil Spill and ensuring that response equipment in line with the vessel’s scope of work.
- Ensuring Navigational Safety and monitoring of Marine traffic in TGL operational areas.
You should ideally be an experienced Environment Health and Safety professional with knack for executing offshore security plans, policies, and strategies that includes security of visiting tankers during off-take/lifting operations. You will also be able to demonstrate expertise in the following areas;
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related field
- Merchant marine officer with a STCW Class 2 Deck Officer certificate
- BOSIET Certificate with HUET certificate
- MIST (Minimum industry Safety Training) certificate
- An advanced qualification in OPITO Fast Rescue Craft (FRC)/RYA power boat OR, STCW Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boat/Survival Craft & Rescue Boats
- A NEBOSH O&G (or equivalent internationally recognized) qualification
- An IMO Level 2 Accredited Oil Spill Response Certificate
- A Marine Mammal Observation.
- A qualified ISPS Ship Security Officer or Port Facility Security Officer (STCW 2010)
- A certificate in Management of Emergencies – Initial Response or equivalent
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To achieve this, we offer our employees:
- A performance-driven culture that generates results.
- A commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
- A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
- Recognition and reward for your performance.
How to Apply
Candidates who have met the above criteria should CLICK HERE to apply.