Applications are invited from qualified and interested candidates for Tullow Ghana Limited Recruitment for Associate General Counsel 2018 – How to Apply.
About Tullow Oil
Tullow Oil is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company primarily focused on Africa and South America with a portfolio of 90 licences across 16 countries.
Since 2006, Tullow has had interests in two licences in offshore Ghana. In 2008, Tullow was appointed as the Jubilee Field Operator and, working with its joint venture partners and the Government of Ghana, went on to achieve first oil in November 2010. The Jubilee field has become Tullow’s key asset generating significant high-margin oil production. Tullow’s second major discoveries and subsequent development in Ghana is the TEN fields where first oil was successfully achieved on time and on budget in August 2016.
There are further exploration opportunities for Tullow Ghana including expanding Jubilee to include outlying deep-water reserves. More information can be found here: Ghana BU
- Job Title: Associate General Counsel
- Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- Job Status: Full-Time
Tullow Ghana Limited (TGL) is seeking to hire an Associate General Counsel based in Accra who will be a functional leader and manager of legal issues relating to Tullow’s Ghana Business Unit (BU) including:
- Proactively interacting with other functions within the BU and at Group level on legal matters and in particular with the BU’s Commercial function.
- Articulating clear legal advice to the Ghana BU and Group on complex matters taking into account the BU’s objectives while working to challenging deadlines.
- Advising, undertaking and/or managing the review, negotiation and drafting of upstream commercial agreements, often of a bespoke and/or complex nature, including major service contracts.
- Managing the provision of Legal resource for the BU, both internally and externally including selection and budgeting of external legal advisors.
- Acting as a co-ordinator and a facilitator across functions in order to progress and ultimately execute transactions for the Business Unit.
- Providing legal advice and support for innovative and commercial business solutions and strategies for the BU.
- Representing Tullow Ghana Limited at key industry/legal forums in Ghana.
You will ideally be an experienced General Counsel and will have an extensive knowledge of international upstream Oil and Gas contractual, commercial, transactional, litigious, regulatory and compliance matters ideally in one or more African jurisdictions. You will also be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- University graduate and professionally qualified lawyer with a minimum of 15 years of post-qualified experience either at a highly regarded private practice firm or at a senior level in an in-house legal team.
- Extensive experience of stakeholder management with external bodies including Government and joint venture partners.
- Detailed understanding and experience of the Ghanaian Governmental and business environment.
- Experience of managing high value and reputationally significant commercial litigation.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Excellent commercial and business sense, able to develop sophisticated and practical solutions and strategies with a sound risk-based approach.
- Leadership skills and experience required to manage, build, coach, motivate and engage the BU’s Legal team.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To achieve this, we offer our employees:
- A performance-driven culture that generates results.
- A commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
- A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
- Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to apply.