Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Thailand international postgraduate scholarship and training program 2020 for Developing Countries.
As part of bilateral and triangular development cooperation projects, the Thailand International Cooperation Agency (TICA) offers over 700 training fellowships and 70 postgraduate scholarships for government officials from developing countries around the world through Annual International Training Course (AITC) and Thailand International Postgraduate Programme (TIPP).
Thailand International Postgraduate Scholarship Program
About the Award: Annual International Training Course (AITC) was initiated in 1991 as a framework in providing short-term training for developing partners. Today, the AITC remains one of TICA’s flagship programmes. It offers not only a training experience, but also a platform in exchanging ideas and establishing professional network among participants from across the world.
Thailand International Postgraduate Programme (TIPP) was introduced in 2000 as a framework in providing postgraduate scholarships for developing partners. Believing that knowledge sharing is an important pillar of South-South Cooperation, TIPP offers opportunities for Thailand and its partners to exchange their experiences and best practices that would contribute to long-term and sustainable development for all.
Thailand International Postgraduate Scholarship Program Eligibility
- Candidates must be nominated by central government agencies in a country from the TIPP eligible countries/territories list.
- Candidates should be an officer or agent (preferably from government agencies) currently working in the area related to the course provided.
- Candidates must have bachelor degree and/or professional experience related field or related to graduate degree.
- Candidates must have a good command of English.
- It is recommended that candidates be less than 50 years of age.
- Candidates must have good physical and mental condition.
- TICA reserves the rights to revoke scholarship offered to participants who are pregnant during the period of study or violate rules and regulations.
- Other requirements apart from these will be under consideration by the University regulations.
English Language Requirements: Candidates must have a good command of English. Candidates whose English is not the first language/Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English/ who is from a country other than New Zealand, USA, the United kingdom, Australia, Canada has to pass and English Language proficiency test according to criteria announced by University regulations.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Fields of Study: Food Security, Climate Change, Public Health, other topics related to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and “Sufficiency Economy Philosophy” or SEP
- In considering applications, particular attention shall be paid to the candidates’ background, their current position in the service of their Government, and practical use they expect to make of the knowledge and experience gained from training on the return to their Government positions.
- Selection of participants is also based on geographical distribution and gender balance, unless priority is set for particular country/ group of countries.
Number of Awards: Over 700 training fellowships and 70 postgraduate scholarships. Each eligible countries/territory can nominate up to five (5) candidates per academic program.
Value of Award: Successful candidates will be offered an award which covers:
- Return economy class airfare
- Accommodation allowance
- Living allowance
- Book allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Settlement allowance
- Airport meeting service
How to Apply for Thailand International Postgraduate Scholarship Program
- The nomination must be made by central government agencies in charge of the nomination of national candidates (such as Ministry of Foreign Affairs) or by relevant central government agencies for which the nominated candidates currently work. The nomination must be in line with relevant rules and regulations of the nominating countries/territories.
- The nomination must be submitted to TICA through the Royal Thai Embassy/ Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/ Royal Thai Consulate-General accredited to eligible countries/territories. (See “List of Eligible Countries/Territories”)
- Originals of nomination documents, duly filled out, must be received no later than a specified deadline for each academic program.
- The application form must be filled in the typed-block letter.
The nomination must be supported by the following documents;
- AITC Application Form
- Medical Report
- Recommendation letters
- English score (e.g. TOEFL/IELTS)
- One original with two (2) copies of all forms duly filled out, counter-signed and stamped by the authorized person must be submitted.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2020
For more information, visit the Thailand International Postgraduate Scholarship Program.