Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Subsea 7 Recruitment 2021.
Job Title: Operations Engineer
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Identify the key Operations deliverables and establish the platform to support an effective project operation through development of the schedule, cost comparisons, vessel and personnel operational requirements.• Coordinate and consolidate all inputs from multiple disciplines (Engineering, SCM, Fabrication, Operations, etc…) to support the development of the operational planning.• Define requirements and produce SOW for SCM for 3rd party vessels and assets chartering/hiring.• Support the cost controllers in producing costing reports for the project and its options.• Liaise with Engineering and VOMs to define the vessels POBs and provide input to the cost controllers.
Throughout the project ensure:
• Adherence to operations procedures and processes and maintain traceability throughout the project and post project clarification and negotiation phases;
• Adherence to operations department ways of working to organise the activities and store the project experience for future use/handover to project team.
• Support the project operations manager with the preparation of presentations for project reviews with the Africa management team and Executives.
• Organise and host meetings with the disciplines to facilitate the offshore schedule review.
• Identify and constantly update the key Operations related risks throughout the project.
• Prepare, review and comment Technical Documents (procedures, drawings, rigging and sea fastenings design, schedules, etc…) to support operations.
• Participate to the definition of the required offshore spread for the project/tender including construction vessels, support and transportation vessels.
• Liaise with SCM to select 3rd party vessels and operations related services and assets by preparing SOWs and reviewing technical offers.
• Participate to installation feasibility reviews and HIRAs and provide operational input to the Engineering and Planning functions.
Support the POM in all the vessels readiness activities:
• drive and monitor the progress of Marine Assurance on assigned vessels including organizing audits as required.
• Review vessels POBs (including project personnel and 3rd parties) and organise the manning of chartered vessels with the support of Crewing.
• Support the POM in developing the baseline Project schedule.
• Ensure 3rd party services costs and planning are tracked and monitor their cost base.
• Assist Project/Field Engineers on vessel readiness and during mobilization & demobilization activities.
• Supervise material tracking activity through the project’s material tracker, and ensure equipment inspection, readiness, delivery, tracking & demobilization.
• Assist in the co-ordination of the logistic support activities, (Freight forwarding, Shipping, OPL), through the in-country logistic organization.
• Provide input to the Project Operations Debrief Report and to the lessons learnt.
This role suits a dynamic and motivated individual looking for new and diverse challenges to progress their career within Subsea7. The Operations Engineer role is ideal for those interested in working across functions and supporting projects on the field. It gives exposure to technical and practical aspects of the work during execution and strong involvement to the commercial side by budget definition and management in projects and decision making and strategic thinking during tenders supporting the business development.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click HERE to apply.