Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Steve Weston and Trust Scholarships (September 2023), the University of Dundee, The full application details for the Steve Weston and Trust Scholarships (September 2023), University of Dundee, can be accessed below.
Fully funded Steve Weston and Trust Scholarships (September 2023), University of Dundee, is open for International Students. The scholarship allows Postgraduate level programs (s) in the field of Energy, Petroleum, Mineral Law, and Policy taught at the University of Dundee. The deadline for the scholarship is 31 May 2023.
Fully funded Steve Weston and Trust Scholarships (September 2023), University of Dundee, is available to undertake Postgraduate level programs at the University of Dundee.
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Mineral Law and Policy
There are 3 awards available, one from the Steve Weston Scholarship fund and 2 from Trust Scholarships.
The awards will offer each candidate:
- Payment of academic tuition fees (fees for 2023-24 to be confirmed)
- 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student (£12,600 over 12 monthly payments at £1,050 per month)
- An arrival allowance (£750) and thesis/internship report allowance (£580)
This scholarship is open to international students.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Already hold an Honours degree in Law, Economics, Geology, Petroleum, mining Engineering, or Finance at 2nd class upper level or above. Consideration will also be given to applicants with other academic backgrounds who clearly explain their motivation for undertaking the relevant LLM, outlining any relevant legal work experience.
- Hold an offer for September 2023 for LLM in International Mineral Law and Policy or LLM in International Oil and Gas Law and Policy.
- Be able to demonstrate compliance with the University of Dundee English entry requirements.
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence.
- Preferably be qualified lawyers having had some post-degree work experience in energy or natural resource development in the government, private sector, or academia.
- Go on to complete the degree within 12 months. Students from overseas are expected to return to their home country at the end of the period of study.
To apply for the Steve Weston Scholarship, candidates must provide a Personal Statement and updated CV by email attachment after receiving an unconditional offer for the LLM in Mineral Law and Policy/LLM in International Oil and Gas Law programs. The Personal Statement should showcase leadership qualities, communication skills, networking ability, academic potential, integrity, and outside interests. The selection process is highly competitive, and successful candidates are expected to become first-class ambassadors for the UK. The decision on the awards will be made by the end of June 2023, and unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted or provided feedback.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply