As the largest coffeehouse chain in the world, Starbucks Coffee Company is well-known for its commitment to offering high-quality products at low prices. But the company’s dedication to providing exceptional value doesn’t stop at its customers. Starbucks is also known for its exceptional employee benefits program, which helps attract and retain top talent.
What is Starbucks?
Starbucks Corporation is an American multinational chain of coffeehouses and roastery reserves headquartered in Seattle, Washington, USA. It is the world’s largest coffeehouse chain. As of November 2021, the company had 33,833 stores in 80 countries, 15,444 of which were located in the United States.
Types of Jobs Available at Starbucks
Starbucks is a large retail corporation that offers a wide range of job opportunities. Some of the types of jobs available at Starbucks include:
1. Baristas: responsible for handcrafting delicious, perfect beverages.
2. Shift Supervisors: run shifts, lead the store team, and make decisions that impact store operations.
3. Shift Managers: work in close partnership with the store manager to create store plans and ensure the team is working together to make every moment right for the customers.
4. Assistant Store Managers: developing management skills on the journey to run a great store on their own.
5. Store Managers: run the store(s) as a personal endeavor—from managing daily operations to taking responsibility for financial results.
6. District Managers: lead a multi-store portfolio and are accountable for store performance in the district by assessing the business, creating meaningful plans to drive results, and building connections with their community.
These are just some of the types of jobs available at Starbucks, and there may be additional roles depending on the location and needs of the store.
10 Starbucks Employee Benefits & Perks
Here are some of the key employee benefits that Starbucks offers, along with insights into why they matter:
1. Health Coverage
Starbucks offers employees the choice of multiple coverage levels for medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as Health Care and Dependent Care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, disability, and accident coverage.
2. Stock, 401(k) & Financial Well-Being
Their competitive 401(k) retirement plan includes a generous company match, and the company offers workers discounted company stock (S.I.P.) as well as participation in the equity reward program, Bean Stock. In addition, employees can save some money with the help of “My Starbucks Savings”, with cash incentives for eligible persons at key savings milestones.
3. Paid Time Off
Both non-retail and retail employees are eligible for paid vacation days and partner and family sick time, while salaried/non-retail employees also receive two personal days per year. The company observes seven paid holidays during which retail hourly partners are paid 1½ times their base.
4. Parental Leave
Employees welcoming a new child may receive time off and pay replacement through parental leave. The company also provides Family Expansion Reimbursement of up to $10,000 per adoption, surrogacy, or Intrauterine Insemination for eligible partners.
5. Education & Student Loan Management
Starbucks offers eligible employees the opportunity to earn a bachelor’s degree with 100% tuition coverage, coaching, counseling, and advising through Arizona State University’s top-ranked online degree programs.
6. Commuter Benefit
Starbucks offers employees easy ways to take care of work-related commuter expenses, like transit passes funded by pretax payroll deductions.
7. Partner Assistance
The company’s Caring Unites Partners (CUP) Fund helps Starbucks employees in financial crisis resulting from illness, death in the family, natural disasters or other extreme circumstances.
8. Discounts at Other Retailers
Employees access thousands of offers and discounts on top brands and products, from electronics and home appliances to everyday essentials and groceries as well as Starbucks Exclusive discounts.
9. Food and Beverage Benefits
Store partners working in company-owned Starbucks stores may consume any handcrafted beverage free of charge while working, as well as seven free food items from the pastry or ready-to-eat case per week.
10. Weekly Markout & Discount
Each week (Monday through Sunday), employees get one coffee or tea item at no cost at company-owned Starbucks stores. This is called partner “mark out”.
By offering a comprehensive range of employee benefits, Starbucks demonstrates its commitment to supporting the well-being and success of its employees. These benefits help to attract and retain top talent, build a strong company culture, and drive the company’s long-term success.