Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for St. Joseph’s College of Education Recruitment 2021.
St. Joseph’s College of Education is a teacher education college in Bechem (Tano North District, Brong-Ahafo Region, Ghana). The college is located in Ashanti / Brong Ahafo zone. It is one of the about 40 public colleges of education in Ghana. The college participated in the DFID-funded T-TEL programme. It was established in 1948 by Rev. Fr. Joseph Moulders. It is the first training college in the Brong-Ahafo Region and attained accreditation status in 2007. It is affiliated with the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal
• The Principal serves as Academic and Administrative Head, as well as Chief Disciplinary Officer of the College. He or She is responsible for organising and conducting the academic, financial and administrative business of the College in accordance with the statutes and decisions of the Council and the Academic Board.
Tenure of Office
• The appointment, which is a full time,’ shall be for four (4) years in the first instance and may be renewed for a further term of four (4) years after evaluation of performance.
• Have an advanced research degree (a PhD is an added advantage).
• Have good character and a high degree of personal integrity and must be a distinguished master teacher and scholar in teaching and learning.
• Be at least a Senior Lecturer or a Principal Tutor in a College of Education or of a comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation.
Applicant must also show evidence of the following:
• Demonstrate capacity to manage a College of Education;
• Ability to foster and promote good internal and external relations of the College;
• Ability to project effectively the image of the College internally and externally;
• Proven capacity to provide strong, visionary leadership and innovation.
• Relevant post qualification senior management experience of at least five (5) years.
• Must not be more than 55 years at the time of application and; extensive knowledge and experience at the tertiary education level will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit seven (7) copies of their application package, including Curriculum Vitae, a two-page Vision Statement for the College, Certificates and any other relevant documents.
Applications must be addressed and submitted by registered courier to:
St. Joseph’s College of Education
P. O. Box 15, Bechem, Ahafo Region
Digital Address: B3-0021-5204
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 10th June 2021.
NOTE: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.