SGS Ghana Job Vacancy for Food Scientist – How to Apply
- Job Title: Food Scientist
- Job Location: Tema
- Job Status: Full-Time
The assignment will be a short-term contract and mainly research based.
The ideal candidate should be able to apply scientific expertise and technological principles to the study of food products and processes within manufacturing and research settings to provide solutions for Food Safety, Quality and Sustainability.
Summary of Main Responsibilities:
- Provide a comprehensive food safety control solution combining audits, testing and training with the mindset of continuously improving clients’ systems.
- Ensuring that food manufacturing processes conform with government, processing, consumer and industry standards
- Formulate new food products and develop new and better ways to process, package, and deliver them.
- Work in product development, applying findings from food science research to develop new or better ways of selecting, preserving, processing, packaging, and distributing food.
- Testing (pesticide and antibiotic residues, pathogenic bacteria, allergens, additives, heavy metals)
- Analyze nutritional content of food, discover new food sources, and research ways to make processed foods safe and healthy.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- BSc and/or MSc/MPhil in Food Technology/Food Hygiene/Food Science or related discipline.
- Experience in the field of Food Industry, including working knowledge of HACCP will be an advantage.
- Administrative skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work as part of a team and above all, a favourable attitude towards working out of office
How to Apply
Applications and CVs together with relevant supporting documents should be forwarded to the Human Resources Office or send to [email protected] not later than two weeks after the posting of this notice.
Please take note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.