Applications are invited for the Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship to African students for undergraduate/graduate study at Carleton University to study in Canada.
Richard J. Van Loon Scholarships
The Richard J. Van Loon Scholarship, valued at $5,000 for the 2020/2021 academic year, is awarded annually to an outstanding international student from an African country. The award was endowed in 2005 by friends, family and colleagues in honour of Richard J. Van Loon, Carleton’s 10th President.
Richard J. Van Loon Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible, candidate:
- must be a citizen of an African country.
- must be an international student, who is required to have a valid Study Permit for Canada.
- must be registered as a full-time student at Carleton University and be successfully proceeding from one year to another in any program of study.
- must be in good academic standing.
Value of Award: $5,000
How to Apply for Richard J. Van Loon Scholarships
- Please complete all 5 sections of the application form.
- Enclose with your application an essay (500-600 words) on the topic provided.
- Enclose with your application a sealed recommendation from an academic referee.
- Enclose with your application proof of citizenship and a copy of your study permit for Canada
Acceptable referees would include:
Professor who has taught a class you successfully completed
Dean of a Faculty
A Director of a School or Institute
A Chair of a Department or Program
For more information, visit the Richard J. Van Loon Scholarships.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2020