Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Qatar Charity (QC) Recruitment 2023/2024.
Job Title: IT Officer
Qatar Charity – Ghana Office invites candidates to apply for the following position:
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The IT Officer will be responsible for managing the organization’s computer systems, hardware, software, and networks including ensuring that computer systems and networks are secure and free of vulnerabilities. S/He shall be responsible for troubleshooting and fixing technical issues in computer systems, networks, and software applications.
S/He shall also ensure that the organization’s data and information is protected, backed up, and recoverable in case of a disaster. S/He must stay up to date with technological advancements and trends in the field to keep the organization’s systems running smoothly.
S/He will conduct such responsibilities in accordance with the highest standards of profession and ensuring adherence to Qatar Charity procedures and regulations.
- Maintains computer systems and software to ensure they are running smoothly
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical issues that arise with computers or software
- Implements security measures to protect computer systems from viruses and unauthorized access
- Manages the organization’s database and ensures data backups are made on a regular basis
- Helps users with computer-related problems and offers advice on how to use software or hardware appropriately
- Tests and evaluates new hardware and software to determine if they are suitable for the organization
- Provides training to employees on how to use computer systems and software effectively
- Keeps up to date with advancements in computing technology and recommends upgrades or changes as necessary.
- Any other official assignments delegated by Country Director or direct supervisor.
ESSENTIAL WORK ACTIVITIES
- Not limited to the following, troubleshooting, and fixing technical issues in computer systems, networks, and software applications.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in ICT, Computer Science, or any other related field, with strong post-qualification experience (minimum 3 years in related field)
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in computer systems, hardware, software, and networking. Proficiency in programming languages and database management systems and strong analytical skills, problem-solving, and critical thinking abilities will be a plus.
- Must be excellent in Team Viewer, M365(Office, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, Intune, MS Azure AD, VPN, MS VDI, End Point Protection, etc.)
- Experience with a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience working with the team.
- Valid driver’s license.
- V. Good knowledge of English.
- Arabic Language skills will be considered as added value but not mandatory
- An understanding of and commitment to QC’s mission and values
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their resume to the following email address; [email protected]
Application Deadline: 14th June 2023
The email subject line should include the position title. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted