Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Plantations SOCFINAF Ghana Ltd (PSG) Recruitment 2021.
The initial objective of the PSG (Plantations Socfinaf Ghana) plantation is to develop 6 000 hectares of palm trees, followed by 5,000 hectares of rubber trees.
Job Title: Assistant Estate Manager
Job Location: PSG – Daboase
- be the head of a +-2000 ha oil palm Estate
- report the Plantation Manager
- work together with Divisional Supervisors
Manage the Field Operational Activities of One of the Estates of the Plantations Department, Plan, develop and implement systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the Estate leverage for productivity, growth, and expansion of the entire Plantations Department and the Company as a whole.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Overseeing entire Estate operations
- Ensuring implementation of all Company’s standard operating procedures and policies.
- Responsible for all maintenance activities of the estate, as a basis of good “crop making”.
- Responsible for all harvesting activities, till delivery of the crop the mill, as a basis of good “crop taking”.
- Forecast the activities of the estate and ensure all activities/operations are done with the highest quality standards at the most competitive cost.
- Perform maintenance activities of the estate with general interests such as roads, bridges, or camps.
- Ensuring plantation safety & a healthy environment and training in the plantation.
- Ensure overall manning requirements to achieve targets of the Estate under the applicant’s responsibility.
- Training and developing competent personnel to meet company objectives and ensure continuity.
- Participate in the elaboration of the budget and be accountable for all expenses during the year.
- Would be required to discipline employees of the Estate without fear of favor for all aspects of bad job performance and misconduct. Likewise, good job performances of employees under the Assistant Estate Manager’s supervision are be rewarded.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Plantations Manager and the Managing Director as and when the situation demands.