Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for PCI Media Recruitment for Senior Communication Specialist.
- Company: PCI Media
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Term: Up to February 28, 2020, with the possibility of extension
USAID/West Africa’s Biodiversity and Climate Change (WA BiCC) program aims to build regional and national institutional capacity to strengthen the enabling environment throughout West Africa to combat wildlife trafficking; improve coastal resilience; and reduce deforestation, degradation, and biodiversity loss in key forests.
PCI Media (www.pcimedia.org) provides technical expertise to the WA BiCC Programme to develop an innovative Communication for Development (CAD) strategy, which employs strategic program communications and Education-Entertainment (Behaviour Change Communications) delivered to target audiences across the region. In addition, PCI Media is responsible for the development and implementation of a Communications Strategy that guides and defines the delivery of WA BiCC’s internal and external program communications such as production and dissemination of technical reports. progress reports, technical briefs, social media, videos, documentaries, populating and upkeep of the website, special events and workshop/meeting communications support and other activities that emerge over the course of program implementation in agreement with management.
In coordination with the WA BiCC team:
· Lead implementation of the Programme Communications Strategy in support of the goals and objectives of the WA BiCC program and its partners and review and update the Strategy as needed on a quarterly basis.
· Effectively manage and engage the Communications team in Accra and the Freetown and Monrovia-based Communications Staff (one in each office).
· Identify and/or develop and/or manage partnerships with public or private entities to assist WA BiCC effectively communicate and disseminate core messages and lessons learned as articulated in the Communications Strategy.
· Ensure the overall delivery, design, management and ongoing adaptation of the two pillars of the regional communications strategy (C4D and strategic programme communications) by maximising the comparative skill areas of the communications team members, ensuring that the appropriate messages and media reach each target audience across multiple platforms with the intention of informing and influencing policy makers and practitioners.
· Ensure the timely delivery of all communication assets, including new and traditional media targeting multiple audiences and across multiple platforms as identified with activity focal points.
· Undertake communication/outreach activities as needed, including event planning and management, publicity, outreach and engagement with the press and other relevant stakeholders.
· Assume leadership in dealing with programmatic (contractual) reporting requirements in close coordination with other program units.
· Work with the M&E Specialist and Accra and Freetown-based teams to clearly identify and support the delivery of the specific contributions that the Communications Team will provide to ensure the requirements of the WA BiCC Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
· Undertake regional West Africa travel as required to fulfill the needs of this position in coordination with the technical line supervisor and COP.
· Additional tasks may be assigned from time to time based on discussions with the supervisor.
· Education and/or experience equivalent to a Master’s Degree in Communication for development (C4D), international development, journalism, Entertainment-Education, social marketing or a field relevant to media/communication and development.
· Minimum of 5 years of work experience in international development or conservation, communication for social change, journalism, public relations, with at least 3 years of project management experience, ideally managing a small team.
· Experience developing and implementing communication strategies and tools to advance local, regional and international program Objectives, including media relations, web/mobile/social media, print, and events.
· Strong understanding of issues impacting developing countries, particularly around biodiversity conservation, climate change, natural resource management, sustainable livelihoods, water and sanitation, and sustainable development.
· Ability to work and communicate with a range of stakeholders, including policymakers and government officials, NGOs, the media, community representatives.
· Exceptional writing, editing and communication skills in English and French and in a variety of formats (i.e. web, print publications. briefing papers, press releases).
· Ability to thrive in team environments, with a strong understanding of diversity and other cultures.
· Fluency in spoken and written English, French language capacity is preferred.
· Immediately available to work in Ghana; able to travel without restrictions to other countries part of the programme across West Africa.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly email a detailed resume and cover letter in one document to Loretta Cheung at [email protected]
Please include “Senior Communication Specialist“ in the subject of your email.