Maybe you have been wondering how to open an account with First Atlantic Bank Ghana. We have put together a complete guide on how to open savings and current accounts with First Atlantic Bank Ghana.
Before you open an account, you need to know the specifics, benefits, and requirements for that account. On that note, we have put together the different types of account a customer can open at any First Atlantic Bank branch in Ghana.
First Atlantic Bank Savings / Hybrid Accounts
This is a special type of savings account where you can conveniently set aside some funds on a regular basis for that ‘rainy day’. In fact, there is an insurance cover to return up to 100% of your account balance in case of an eventuality.
Atlantic Young Saver
The Atlantic Young Saver Account is the perfect account for persons under 18. This account provides instant access to funds for parents and guardians saving on behalf of persons below 18. This account can enable parents and guardians nurture the habit of saving money in their wards while saving for them.
Features of Atlantic Young Savers Account
- High interest savings account for persons below 18
- Minimum account opening balance of GHS100.00
- Minimum monthly contribution of GHS20.00
- No monthly charges, monthly electronic statements and email alerts
Benefits of Atlantic Young Savers Account
- An opportunity to invest directly in your ward’s future
- Discounts available at selected bookstores
- Competitive Interest earnings.
Atlantic Target Save
An Atlantic Target Save account enables you to enjoy the satisfaction of achieving life’s milestones without borrowing or depending on others. So go ahead, plan that vacation or wedding, get that gadget, home appliance, property or education. With funds that you saved!
Features of Atlantic Target Save Account
- Minimum opening balance of GHS100.00
- Quarterly interest payments at competitive rates
- Ability to pay in cheques and dividend warrants
- Monthly electronic statements, free transaction alerts via email and SMS
Benefits of Atlantic Target Save Account
- Convenient access to your funds through our suite of eBanking services
- Opportunity to save towards specific goals
- Extra income through competitive interest rates
Atlantic Youth Account
The Atlantic Youth Account lets you save towards achieving your dream future.
An embedded insurance cover will cushion you against unexpected future occurrences; like the passing or permanent disablement of a loved one.
So whether you choose to live life on the edge or play it safe, the Atlantic Youth Account has your best interests covered.
Features of Atlantic Youth Account
- A hybrid account (savings account with current account features)
- Earn competitive interest on balances above GHS200.
- An insurance policy from Enterprise Life Assurance at a discounted monthly premium (starting from GHS2.90 monthly) rates subject to change
Benefits of Atlantic Youth Account
- An insurance cover that pays:
- The equivalent of your tuition fees of (up to GHS5,000) upon the death or permanent disablement of a guardian until completion at the named educational institution
- Free eBanking (Atlantic Web, Atlantic Mobile)
- No transaction cost (COT)
- Atlantic Visa Card with discount offers at selected shops/outlets e.g. Silverbird Cinemas
Atlantic Flex Individual Account
The Atlantic Flex Individual Account is a unique hybrid account (savings account with current account features) for individuals with high credit turnover and high transactional needs.
Features of Atlantic Flex Individual Account
- Zero COT
- Minimum account opening amount of GH¢500.00 and monthly interest payments on balances above GH¢2,500.00
- Cheque book for withdrawal (not valid for clearing)
- Standing order arrangements available
- Free monthly e-statements and e-mail alerts and SMS alerts
- Access to eBanking suite
- No limits on withdrawals with your MasterCard World / Visa Gold
- Personal Accident Insurance and Life Assurance at a discounted premium
Benefits of Atlantic Flex Individual Account
- Easy access to funds 24/7 via any GH-linked, Visa or MasterCard ATM
- Secure means of building funds
- Instant Transaction Alert
- Interest on account balances
First Atlantic Bank Current Accounts
Atlantic Current Account
Designed for smart and on-the-move people, the Atlantic Current Account provides unfettered access to your funds at all times via cheque book or your eBanking suite (ATM cards, internet banking and mobile banking).
Features of Atlantic Current Account
- Can be denominated in local currency or any of the major international currencies
- Flexible initial deposit
- Low account maintenance fees
Benefits of Atlantic Current Account
- Enjoy full access to your account via eBanking suite
- Share your account with trusted family or business partners by signing up for a joint account
- Enjoy access to the Bank’s fantastic credit facilities
- Direct first-responder support from a dedicated Account Manager
Atlantic Salary Account
The Atlantic Salary Account is the perfect partner for your career. With it, you can access a salary advance or loan when you need it. What’s more, you get an insurance cover to help you in case of unexpected future events.
Features of Atlantic Salary Account
- Chequebook and transaction alerts
- No limits on withdrawals
- Insurance cover for account holder and one nominated life at a discounted monthly premium (starting from GHS2.84 monthly)
- Minimum monthly balance of GHS50
Benefits of Atlantic Salary Account
- Free access to eBanking Suite (internet banking, mobile banking, ATM Banking etc)
- No transaction cost (COT)
- Access to Atlantic SALAD (Salary
- Advance) and Atlantic HiLife (Asset finance loans)
- Visa and Mastercard debit and prepaid cards
- Insurance cover that pays:
- equivalent of tuition fees (up to GHS1,000)
- upon the death or disability of a guardian until completion at the named educational institution
- a maximum of GHS1,000 for the nominated life (spouse, parents or parents-law)
How to Open An Account With First Atlantic Bank Ghana
As earlier mentioned, you need to know the types of accounts available at the First Atlantic Bank and choose the one that best suit you.
- Visit any branch of First Atlantic Bank in Ghana.
- Collect the Account Opening Form
- Fill the form appropriately and sign where applicable
- Attach two recent passport photographs with your names on the reverse side
- Attach your means of identification i.e. Drivers license, international passport, voters ID, NIA card or NHIS card.
- Initial deposit i.e the amount of money you want to open your account with.
- Residence permit where applicable