Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Nuclear Regulatory Authority Ghana Recruitment 2021.
Job Title: Deputy Director General (Technical)
- Assist the Director-General in setting the priority goals and objectives of regulatory activities of the Authority in line with Government policy.
- Assist the Director-General in the development and implementation of the Authority’s Strategic and Operational Plans to ensure the effective conduct of technical work of the Authority.
- Assist the Director-General to comply with all the applicable laws, regulations, and international obligations including enhancing collaboration between the AUthority and other national and international partners.
- Assist the Director-General to develop and implement the Authority’s Risk Management Policy and Integrated Management Systems.
- Oversee the conduct of regulatory work such as the development of regulations and guidelines, authorizations, the conduct of review and assessment and inspections with related enforcement actions in the following technical areas:
- Nuclear safety covering core reactor systems and reactor auxiliary systems
- Radiological safety covering industrial and medical facilities
- Nuclear and radiological security
- Nuclear Safeguards and Non-Proliferation and in particular ensuring that the country abides by the Comprehensive Safeguards Agreement in addition to the Additional Protocol.
- Emergency Preparedness and Response including enhancing effective collaboration with all national and international stakeholders.
- Environmental protection against all radiation hazards. in addition to enhancing effective collaboration with other national environmental regulatory authorities.
- Regulatory research in safety and security to support the performance of the Authority’s day to day regulatory work.
Person Specification (Education, Skills and Experience)
- Minimum of Masters in the Physical Sciences, relevant Engineering or equivalent degree. PhD is an added advantage.
- Must have considerable knowledge in the fields of nuclear safeguards, nuclear and radiological safety and security.
- Must have at least 10-year post-qualification work experience in nuclear safeguards, nuclear and radiological safety and security of which at least 5 years should be in a management position.
- Must not be more than fifty-six years old on 2 February 2021.
- Must have sound working knowledge of public sector human resources and financial management rules and regulations.
- Should have in-depth knowledge of the best practices in the management and governance of an independent regulatory body in the public service.
- Should have good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with staff and key stakeholders.
Salary: The salary attached to the position is attractive.
How to Apply for Nuclear Regulatory Authority Ghana Recruitment
The Nuclear Regulatory Authority, Ghana recruitment portal is open.
Interested applicants are to present an engraved application letter to the Director-General tother with the following documents
- Full Curriculum Vitae with a list of publications and copies of certificates
- Names and contact information of three (3) confidential referees.
- Brief vision statement, not more than two (2) pages indicating the applicants’ vision for the advertised positions.
Applications should be submitted no later than 2 February 2021 at the address below, in person or through [email protected]:
Nuclear Regulatory Authority
Houses 1 & 2 Neutron Avenue
P.O.Box AE 50
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.