The National Development Planning Commision (NDPC) invites applications from suitable qualified ghanaians, who are dynamic, goal-oriented and result driven with exceptional leadership qualities for appointment to the under-mentioned positions.
To provide technical and operational support in Macroeconomics for the achievement of the mandate of the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Director of Development Policy, the Deputy Director for Macroeconomics will perform the following key duties:
- Serve as in-house resource person on macroeconomic issues – including fiscal, monetary and financial policy management, public financial management, real sector development, and external economic developments – during policy dialogues with relevant sector ministries, departments and agencies and formulation of national development policy frameworks.
- Lead the preparation of policy papers/notes, statements, briefs, press articles, and periodic updates on macroeconomic issues, and make presentations at both national and international for a.
- Compile, analyse and report data to explain past and present macroeconomic issues and trends, while forecasting market trends, applying mathematical models and statistical techniques.
- Manage a rigorous governance system to maintain the macroeconomic
- models; authenticate macroeconomic simulations and forecasts based on the models; ensuring optimum performance and use of up-to-date data: as well as overseeing the maintenance of documentation consistent with the requirements of model.
- Support national economic policy dialogue with evidence-based advice on relationships among economic actors, businesses, public and private employers; and the potential for job creation inherent in public and private investment.
- Oversee the preparation of the Ministry’s economics output and publications, in line with its mandate for the provision of analysis and comment to.
- Ensure the modelling team is appropriately trained and manage their workload.
- Contribute to analytical development and guideline standards, and promotion of internationally accepted statistical standards and methodologies in forecasting economic trends and formulating economic policy.
- The National Development Planning Commission’s remuneration package is competitive in the public sector, with very attractive fringe benefits.
- Applicants must be able to serve the Commission for a minimum of four (4) years on the appointed grade before attaining the compulsory retirement age of (sixty) 60.
Required Skills or Experience
Qualification and Experience
- A master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Development Planning, Macroeconomics, Financial EconomiCS, Monetary Economics, Public Finance, Banking, International Economics, International Trade, Econometrics, or any related field.
- A PhD in Macroeconomics and experience in Macroeconomic Forecasting, Quantitative Fiscal Policy Analysis, or Macroeconomic Consulting would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant post-qualification working experience with at least three (3) years’ experience in a senior position in related areas.
- Excellent leadership skills, discernible networking and management skills.
- Very good mentoring and coaching skills.
- Very good understanding of planning, policy analysis and formulation, and performance measuring.
- Monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
- Very good knowledge in the conduct of research, Qualitative and quantitative data analysis and interpretation capacities.
- Very good conceptual modelling skills, demonstrable ability of working independently.
- Ability to manage diverse and evolving workload, strong interpersonal and team spiritedness .
- Excellent written and oral presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex development policy issues clearly.
- Knowledge of at least one major area of statistical methodology (national accounts, prices, balance of payments, monetary and financial statistics, or government finance statistics).
- Excellent computer skills, including full working knowledge of standard word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages.
- Good knowledge in the analysis or management of statistical program data.
- Ability to write high-quality policy papers as well as shorter targeted notes.
- Very good written and oral communication skills.
- Very good interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills.
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should submit in an A4 size envelope the underlisted:
- Application letter
- Curriculum vitae with biographic data, contact information names and addresses of two (2) referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Evidence of good standing with academic and professional institution if profession is regulated by law
- Vision statement on how applicant intends to respond to the constitutional mandate and mission of the Commission (2-4 pages long on A4-size paper)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted via post or hand-delivered to: The Director-General National Development Planning Commission No.13 Switch back Road P. O. Box CT633 Cantonments-Accra Or email to: Chairman@ndpc.gov.gh
Closing Date: 14 February, 2019