NADMO Recruitment 2024/2025: National Disaster Management Organization Recruitment 2024/2025, How to Apply, Requirements & Deadline – NADMO Recruitment portal/website – Check NADMO Recruitment 2024/2025 Details Here – nadmo.gov.gh.
In the 1980’s, it was observed that the number of disasters and their impacts were increasing worldwide. This situation alarmed the United Nation Organisation which held various conferences on the issue, leading to the UN declaration of GAD 44/236 of 1989 declaring the 1990’s as the International Decade for Natural Disaster Reduction (IDNDR).
This was followed by the conference on Natural Disaster Reduction held in Yokohama, Japan in May 1994. The conference established the International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) to replace the defunct IDNDR. The Yokohama strategy for a safe world and its plan of action mandated each country to establish a permanent disaster management organization.
In response to the Yokohama strategy for a safer world and plan of action, the National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) was established by act 517 of 1996 to manage disasters and similar emergencies in the country. It was structured and placed under the ministry of the interior, to enable it coordinate all the relevant civil authorities at the national, regional and district levels.
NADMO functions under a National secretariat, ten (10) Regional secretariats, two hundred and forty-three (243) Metropolitan, Municipal and District secretariat and over nine hundred (900) Zonal offices throughout the country.
VISION OF NADMO
NADMO seeks to enhance the capacity of society to prevent and manage disasters and to improve the livelihood of the poor and vulnerable in rural communities through effective disaster management, social mobilisation and employment generation.
MISSION OF NADMO
“To manage disasters by co-ordinating the resources of government institutions and non-governmental agencies, and developing the capacity of communities to respond effectively to disasters and improve their livelihood through social mobilization, employment generation and poverty reduction projects.”
This is done by:
- Reviewing of the National, Regional and District Disaster Management Plans (DDMPs) for effective implementation.
- Linking Disaster Management Programmes to the Ghana Poverty Reduction Strategy (GPRS), and re-afforestation.
- Building capacity of staff and stakeholders.
- Promoting Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Climate Change Risk Management countrywide.
- Public awareness creation through media discussions, public education and training of community members and Disaster Volunteer Groups (DVGs).
- Provision of skills and inputs for Disaster Volunteer Groups for employment generation and poverty reduction.
- Rehabilitation and reconstruction of educational and other social facilities destroyed by fire, floods rainstorms and other disasters.
How to Apply for NADMO Recruitment
National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) Recruitment
National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) Recruitment 2024/2025 form will be out in the first or last quarter of 2024. we will update you as soon as the form is out. The public is advised on recruitment scams.