Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Bia Lamplighter College of Education Recruitment 2021.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Teaching Staff x4
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setting and marking of assignments and examination questions
- Invigilation of examinations
- Supervision of students’ projects
- Research and publication
- Assisting in the administration of the departments
- Supervision of students’ Supported Teaching in School.
- Extension work/service to the College and the nation
- Any other related duties assigned by the principal or his representative
Job Title: Senior Library Assistant
- Coordinate, participate and direct assigned support activities including circulation, technical services, or serials.
- Train, assign, and review the work of assigned library and student assistants; ensure that proper policies and procedures are followed and maintained.
- Respond to and handle the most complex issues and problems within the work unit.
- Compile statistics and data; prepare summary reports and lists.
- Develop and organize special projects for assigned staff; assist staff with special projects and research assignments.
- Maintain various manual and computerized files and records; enter information into computerized databases; update and revise as required.
- Provide direct assistance to patrons in person and on the phone regarding direction, location, and routine reference help.
- Maintain “Reserves” collection.
- Assist students with questions regarding computer use such as login procedures and accessing NCLive both off and on campus.
- Interpret and apply Library policies.
- Resolve patron complaints regarding disputed fines and other Library charges; adjust accounts if necessary.
- Oversee the work of assigned library and student staff.
- Receive new books into the collection including unpacking, accessing, and checking packing lists and invoices.
- Monitor accuracy and completeness of shipments; file claims for incomplete orders.
- Process direct order books from the publishers.
- Applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject area from a recognized tertiary education institution with at least four (4) years of relevant working experience.
- They must be computer literate.
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
- Monitoring daily communications and answering any queries.
- Preparing statutory accounts.
- Ensuring payments, amounts, and records are correct.
- Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers, and journals.
- Recording and filing cash transactions.
- Controlling credit and chasing debt.
- Invoice processing and filing.
- Processing expense requests for the accountant to approve.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Liaising with third-party providers, clients, and suppliers.
- Updating and maintaining procedural documentation.
Job Title: Domestic Bursar
- Ensuring the delivery of high quality and professional services across the Domestic Bursary;
- Ensuring the development and productivity of all teams and staff in the Domestic Bursary, working with the team managers;
- Ensuring the achievement of income targets and value for money across all functions of the Domestic Bursary;
- Planning, managing, and reporting on all delegated budgets for the Domestic Bursary;
- Liaising with the administrators and directors in the College’s research centers on college
procedures and the requirements of relevant legislation and regulations;
- Liaising with the Graduate Common Room Executive Officers on the running of student
events and other facilities, such as the bar, café, gym, etc;
- Maintaining up to date policies and procedures for the work of the Domestic Bursary, which reflect University requirements and relevant legislation and guidance;
- Contributing to the development and effective running of the College’s administrative
systems and services.
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree/ Higher National Diploma in a related subject area from a recognized tertiary education institution with at least four (4) years of relevant experience in either case.
- They must be computer literate.