Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for MODEC Recruitment for Onshore Planner.
Founded in 1968, MODEC has been providing competitive floating solutions for the offshore oil and gas industry and is recognized as a leading specialist for Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Floating LNGs (FLNGs), Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), Production Semi-submersibles and Mobile Offshore Production Units (MOPUs).
- Company: MODEC
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
• Supporting the Operations Team and facility planning processes
• Owner of the O&M input Co-ordination to the 5-year, 3 x years, 1 year & 90 day plan with assistance from Discipline Engineers and Other Modec departments.
• Set work program and target milestones for each phase based on the project plan
• Chair all Onshore planning meeting to ensure co-ordination and scheduling Of all Maintenance, Operations and Construction activities to avoid unnecessary conflicts and ensure maximum plan attainment with efficient use of resources
• Developing detailed yet Simple to understand schedules and graph. Producing visual aids to help explain the schedule of work. including bar charts and network diagram. Presenting the schedule of work to others in the company and the client organisation involved with the project
• Interface with Offshore Planners. Interface with offshore teams, arranging. Organising logistics / POB etc. Keeping statistics of POB efficiency etc.
• Setup and run (when necessary) planning meetings with discipline Engineers and ensuring that their actions are recorded and closed-out in a timely fashion.
• Understand the systems, towards ensuring that the Operations Planning System (OPS) is implemented and improved & continuous FMS / OMF reviews and verifications with focus upon planning operations.
• To ensure and to verify (auditable) compliance and continuous improvement Of planning Work and other Procedures. And compliance with, the annual Assurance pIan.
• Provide monthly Operations Planning reports to indicate compliance to plans
• Ensure any conflict in respect to resources is highlighted to the relevant parties
• Provide technical knowledge and experience in evaluating and resolving planning clashes, exploiting opportunities and optimising available resources
• Participate in an annual review, audits of and provide an assessment of the Operations Planning System.
• Ensuring that any non-compliance with the FMS / OMF is identified and addressed.
• Ensure that the Client’s and MODEC’s policies are known, understood and adhered to.
• Assist develop forecasts, and budgeting costs associated with 5 year, 3 x year, 1 year 08M PLANS, related to planned materials repairs, equipment rentals, contract support services etc.
• Assist Monitor costs associated with spares usage, materials repairs, equipment rentals, contract support services etc related to Planning
• To support the O&M teams in O&M tendering preparations, prepare ITT’s and seek input from Engineering disciplines as required
• Assists in preparing work program, cash flow and manpower histogram lor tender.
• Bachelor Degree in a relevant engineering discipline, Desirable Mechanical / Facilities Engineering.
• Formal qualifications in Project Controls disciplines
• Proven experience on CMMS management, Project planning preparation, shut down preparation and planning
• 6 x years’ experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry planning role. With at least 3 x years involved in an FPSO role preferred
• Interpersonal skills, ability to deal with a continuously changing and demanding environment and large number of activities within short time scales.
• Competent in planning software such as Microsoft Project and preferably Primavera P6. Skills to work with other planning tools / systems like CMMS Maximo and
• MS office, MS Project
• The ability to work as part of a team. Excellent verbal and
• written communication skills.
• High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint. and Word.
• Knowledge of the document control and procurement management systems and processes.
• Knowledge of the maintenance management and Procurement Modules for CMMS software system.
• Current OPITO accredited TBOSIET Training qualifications are required for offshore travel to the FPSO facility.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send applications to Ghana.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 25th May 2019