MODEC Ghana Recruitment 2017
MODEC is a general contractor specializing in engineering, procurement, construction and installation of floating production systems including Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), Production Semi-Submersibles, Floating LNGs (FLNGs), Mobile Offshore Production Units (MOPUs) and other new technologies which will meet the challenges of various types of gas production floaters. MODEC provides Floating Production System operation and maintenance services around the world.
Job Title: Fleet Controller
- Budget planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of responsible vessel’s activities.
- Ensure the accurate cost / revenue capturing with correct WBS codes in the company’s cost control systems.
- Ensure the adequately accurate level of cost / revenue forecast. Input, review, and adjust assumptions and actuals in the budgeting tool (OPE$T) and the MODEC CMMS system in Ghana (Maximo) to ensure accuracy of output reports in relation to forecasting and ongoing maintenance costs at a system level.
- Reviews Purchase Orders and Sub Contract agreements to ensure budget alignment.
- Coordinate between the responsible vessel’s operation management and SPC partners regarding NAMs (Notice to Asset Management), including timely invoicing to SPC based on a good level of understanding on the contract structure and relevant contracts.
- Assist Operation Manager to prepare any sort of regular / ad-hoc reports.
- Coordinate any other activities / initiatives / leaderships, upon request, related to the responsible vessel’s business control for operation management.
- Trains Cost Controllers in relation to various cost control activities.
- (MGL Specific) Populate and maintain a sufficient tracking, dashboard, reporting, and forecasting structure to display cost efficiencies and synergies being realized by the One Team approach in the Ghana Operation. Prepare monthly cost data to ensure accurate, timely reporting and sufficient explanation of the unbudgeted O&M costs, non-O&M costs, and O&M savings realized per both client and MODEC timelines
- (MGL Specific) Interact with supplier to ensure performance indicators are being met, including periodic reviews and real-time performance feedback to support CRB discussions on renewals and new tenders for services
- (MGL Specific) Support the MGL KPI process in providing VOWD & O&MSE information on a monthly basis in conjunction with the Finance Manager.
- (MGL Specific) Ensure nationalization plan for the role is maintained and training is progressing as required. This role is to be fully nationalized by January 1, 2019.
- (MGL Specific) Utilize synergy opportunities between Jubilee and JEAM FPSO Operations to take advantage of economies of scale, bulk discounting, and shared inventory management.
- (MGL Specific) Populate and update MGL contracts register and improve the utilization of master service agreements instead of Purchase Orders, including measuring the progress of improving the % of Service Agreements vs. Purchase Orders and ensuring synergies proposed for both vessels are acceptable and achieved
- University degrees or equivalent in any area of social science such as management, finance, psychology, communication and technical area such as engineering, etc. is in principle a minimum requirement.
- Minimum five years of working experience in the coordination role any business related area or appropriate technical experience.
- Experience in the offshore industry such as FPSO operator, Oil and Gas sector, drilling companies etc. Is a strong asset.
- Work experience as cost controller is a strong asset.
- Basic level of accounting knowledge is a strong asset.
- English speaking is mandatory
- Basic business software and computer/internet literacy are mandatory.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to apply.