MODEC Ghana Jobs 2017
MODEC is a general contractor specializing in engineering, procurement, construction and installation of floating production systems including Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), Production Semi-Submersibles, Floating LNGs (FLNGs), Mobile Offshore Production Units (MOPUs) and other new technologies which will meet the challenges of various types of gas production floaters. MODEC provides Floating Production System operation and maintenance services around the world.
Job Title: Control Manager
- Improve the efficiency of MGL’s cost control system incl. procedures, infrastructure and practices so that it well provides good tools to the department staff in developing monthly cost forecasts in all areas of Operation, EPCI and G&A costs.
- Lead monthly cost forecasting exercises in close cooperation with both business and corporate unites.
- Provide as much accurate managerial cost reports to Finance Department and Corporate Planning Department and support them to prepare the monthly and any other sort of forecasts/budget presentation and reporting to MINC Tokyo.
- Lead MGL’s annual budget exercise in cooperation with other departments of MGL so that the quality of the budget is maintained good and reasonably accurate for both MGL’s businesses and G&A.
- Support Project Development and any other relevant department for MODEC’s bid proposal development efforts in Ghana.
- Develop and implement effective department KPIs for Control Department.
- Strengthen the Control team’s individual and organization capability to meet the KPIs and continue improving it.
- Train and build capacity of local staff in the areas of leadership, management and analytical skills which are key for the Control team members to develop their career path and become high performers inside and outside the Control team in MGL.
- Train and support cost controls in other departments such as, but not limited to, Operation, Maintenance, Engineering, HSE, HR, IT, Finance etc..
- Prepare and lead the MODEC interface with SPCs regarding the SPC’s cost burden (Work Order, Exceptional Item), liaising with MGL Commercial Department and relevant departments as well as MINC SPC Management Department.
- (MGL Specific) Support the MGL KPI process in providing VOWD & O&MSE information on a monthly basis in conjunction with the Finance Manager.
- (MGL Specific) Assigning onshore and offshore contract and budget owners, measuring accuracy compared to annual budget, and explaining variances in monthly reporting to support improved forecasting. Work with senior managers and corporate managers to develop one, two and five year business plans for the company
- (MGL Specific) Utilize synergy opportunities between Jubilee and JEAM FPSO Operations to take advantage of economies of scale, bulk discounting, and shared inventory management.
- (MGL Specific) Maintaining MGL contracts register and improve the utilization of master service agreements instead of Purchase Orders to obtain fixed rate pricing and ease ETC forecasting on work scopes, ensuring synergies proposes for both vessels are acceptable and achieved
- University degrees or equivalent in any area of social science such as management, finance, psychology, communication and technical area such as engineering, etc. is in principle a minimum requirement.Any certificate relevant to MODEC business from governments, professional societies and organizations etc. is a strong asset.
- Any certificate relevant to MODEC business from governments, professional societies and organizations etc. is a strong asset.
- Minimum 8 years of career records with outstanding achievements in cost control, finance and/or planning.
- Minimum 5 years of team leader’s (or coordinator) experiences with the group of 3-15.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in FPSO operation and/or project. [Asset but not mandatory]
- International assignments outside his/her home country.
- Department Manager’s experience in cost control, finance and/or planning.
- Work experience and career path development inside MODEC.
- Work experience in the Oil & Gas industry
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to apply.