Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for BBC Industrials Recruitment 2023/2024.
B.B.C. INDUSTRIALS COMPANY (GHANA) LIMITED is located in Accra, Ghana and is part of the Paint, Coating, and Adhesive Manufacturing Industry
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Senior Journalist, BBC News – Pidgin Service
Main Responsibilities The BBC is looking for an excellent Senior Journalist reporter to produce a dynamic range of digital, audio, and video content that will appeal to a young audience. You will supply timely, rich, expert, and authoritative coverage (live and pre-recorded) via digital and social media platforms for the BBC Pidgin Service, BBC Africa, and the wider BBC. To produce and publish quality, informative content and creative reports for all BBC Pidgin outlets – online, audio/video, and social media outlets.
Other Duties Will Include
- Source original material primarily for the Pidgin output for online and social media and share material as widely as possible.
- Generate original content ideas and be able to see them through.
- Report and publish breaking news live on various platforms as required.
- Managed, mentored, and supported junior BBC Pidgin staff.
Are you the right candidate?
- A full command and up-to-date knowledge of Pidgin as the first (or equivalent) language is essential. An additional language – Hausa, Yoruba, or Igbo – is desirable.
- An excellent knowledge of English including complete comprehension of written and spoken English for journalism and the ability to communicate effectively.
- A digital media background and social media journalism experience are preferable, you will ideally have a strong screen presence for coverage online and on social media.
- A good broadcasting voice and presence and the ability to acquire the appropriate presentation style to communicate effectively with listeners in Pidgin and English
- Experience in the field reporting on political, economic, and trending social issues in Ghana is desirable. So is the ability to demonstrate a good range of contacts for interview purposes.
- Updated in-depth knowledge of Ghanaian/West African affairs including social issues. A thorough knowledge of wider regional or international affairs will be an advantage.
- A good understanding of the needs of a young digitally-savvy audience in the region is essential.
- Ability to convey story and program ideas in an exciting way and to contribute fully to the planning process.
- A knowledge of and aptitude for, using modern broadcast and recording (audio & video) technology including digital.
- A record of demonstrating good interpersonal skills and an understanding of the importance of working as a part of a team, especially at a distance, as well as working independently.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, apply sensible work priorities, and pace him/herself through the assignment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 28th June 2023