Applications are invited from suitably qualified students who live in unsafe and dangerous conditions in areas of conflict outside Europe for the 2020/2021 King Carl Gustaf Scholarship. The deadline for submission of applications is 1st February, 2021.
The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship is aimed at students who live in unsafe and dangerous conditions in areas of conflict outside Europe. The scholarships will cover the full cost of tuition fees for studies at Uppsala University. It is for Master’s programmes that start on 30 August 2021 and are offered during the current admission round. The scholarships do not cover living expenses.
King Carl Gustaf Scholarship Eligibility.
- Citizens of: Afghanistan, Central African Republic, DR Congo, Egypt, India, Iraq, Libya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Yemen.
- Applicants must show why they are particularly vulnerable and therefore in need to belonging to the education environment at Uppsala University as well as having the academic talent required.
- Students can only be awarded a King Carl Gustaf scholarship if a programme at Uppsala University is chosen as first priority.
- You must meet the entrance requirements for the programme you applied to and application fee and supporting documents must have been received before deadline to University Admissions.
- The programme must be delivered on campus.
Selection Process: Uppsala University’s scholarships for tuition liable students are merit-based and are awarded to academically talented students who show an interest in belonging to an educational milieu. Information about your academic performance is taken from the supporting documents you submit when applying to Master’s or Bachelor’s studies. The written motivation in your online scholarship application is also taken into account. Financial need does not factor into the awarding.
The scholarship selection process will be undertaken in parallel with the programme selection process. To gain entrance to the programme, and be awarded a scholarship, students must meet all general and specific entry requirements. The application fee and supporting documents must also be received before the deadline. Students who submit incomplete applications or do not apply in time will not be considered for scholarships at Uppsala University.
How to Apply for King Carl Gustaf Scholarship.
- No extra documents need to be sent. We will use documentation you submit with your programme application on www.universityadmissions.se.
- Your application ID from www.universityadmissions.se must be noted on the scholarship application form.
The application period for scholarships provided by Uppsala University for prospective students is from 16 January to 1 February 2021.
The deadline is 23:59 CET (Central European Time) 1 February 2021. Please consider the time zone. Applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
For more information, visit the King Carl Gustaf Scholarship.