Jobs Vacancy At Guinness Ghana 2017
GGBL operates in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD and Malt categories. It as well as distribution of spirits. It controls 75% market share of total volume
Growth in the Ghana economy is expected to continue at mid to high single digit in a competitive environment.
Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products. Growth in this region is currently 6% but could reach 10% by F09.
This role is key in the GGBL site packaging maintenance team. The Packaging Engineer –Electrical/Automation Engineer reports to the Packaging Maintenance Engineer and is responsible for the delivery of plant availability and machine efficiency, working with his team of technicians.
Job Title: Automation Engineer
Executes packaging maintenance in respect of Asset care, projects, modifications, overhauls, spare parts and safety to ensure plant and equipment availability.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree in Engineering/ HND Engineering.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in maintenance engineering in food or drink manufacturing environment.
- A holder of the GhIE or equivalent recognised body will be useful
- Proven first line management skills
- Computer Literate
- Resource management Skills
- People management & motivational skills
- Networking/influencing /communication skills
- Counselling skills
- Research skills
- Manage complexity
- Achieve 100% conformance to Safety, Statutory and Engineering and Risk Management Standards.
- Provide input into packaging maintenance plans
- Achieve packaging engineering Key Performance Indicators.
- Improve asset performance versus targets through the execution of effective planned maintenance activities (e.g. shutdowns, overhauls) and providing technical input into packaging teams in collaboration with the packaging maintenance planner.
- Implement best engineering practices and provide input into packaging asset care management.
- Participate in the execution of packaging overhauls to ensure that these activities are completed on time to specifications and budget.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering Right First Time (RFT) on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence.
- Manage materials, components and spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to apply.