As a Software Engineer in Research and Machine Intelligence, you work on a small team, collaborating closely with other product teams and you are able to switch projects as Google’s fast-paced business grows and evolves. They need their engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems. Because you’ll be working with cutting-edge technology, you’ll also get a chance to work closely with researchers across Google. This internship is based in Accra, Ghana.
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications
- Develop solutions for real world, large-scale problems
Google Software Engineering Research Internship Eligibility
- Applicants should be currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program in Computer Science or a related technical field;
- Experience (classroom or work related) in Natural Language Understanding, Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Science, Data Mining and/or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence);
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C++ or Python;
- Experience with research communities and/or efforts, including having published papers (being listed as author) at conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc).
- Relevant industry work experience and/or experience as a researcher in a lab.
- Demonstrated publication record, with four or more publications at conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc).
- Ability to design and execute on research agendas.
How to Apply for Google Software Engineering Research Internship
Candidates who have met the above criteria should CLICK HERE to apply.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Zürich, Switzerland; Berlin, Germany; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel; Haifa, Israel; Accra, Ghana; Paris, France
For more information, visit Google Internship.
Deadline: January 18, 2019