Applications are ongoing for the 2018 GNPC Research Chair for Petroleum Engineering. The Kwame Nkrumah Unversity of Science and Technology (KNUST) in partnership with the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) is offering research opportunities for Petroleum Engineers.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of GNPC RESEARCH CHAIR FOR PETROLEUM ENGINEERING.
This position is funded by the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) and is tenable in the Department of Petroleum Engineering, College of Engineering, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
The Chair for Petroleum Engineering is a research chair established by the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation to assist the Department of Petroleum Engineering, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
The Position is open to candidates from Ghana and abroad to include Ghanaians in the diaspora. The occupant must:
- be a scholar of Professorial status and of international repute in Petroleum Engineering;
- hold a doctorate degree in Petroleum Engineering from a recognised University;
- show evidence and mentoring/supervising post graduate studies, and
- be available to spend at least 6 months every year at a post.
The occupant’s responsibilities include the following:
- Establish partnership with leading universities and industry leaders in the field of Petroleum within and beyond Africa;
- Develop postgraduate programmes in Petroleum Engineering to the highest international standards;
- Train at least three PhDs in Petroleum Engineering within the tenure of appointment to boost the capacity of the Department;
- Conduct research relevant to the thematic areas jointly approved by the GNPC and KNUST in collaboration with other KNUST faculty;
- Disseminate research findings through participation in local and international conferences related to Petroleum Engineering and publication of findings in high-impact refereed journals;
- Attract funding to establish centre of excellence in Engineering;
- Deliver at least two public lectures on any of the approved thematic areas in a year, and
- Submit annual report on activities of the Chair through the Vice-Chancellor of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology to GNPC.
Conditions of Service
Very attractive conditions of service, including salary, allowances and other fringe benefits.
Three-year renewable for an additional year.
Mode of Application
Interested applicants should submit an Application Letter together with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees,
- A detailed description (not more than 5 pages) of the candidate’s research programme consistent with the strategic research direction of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology and to contribute to the Petroleum Engineering research of GNPC;
- Samples of relevant published writing or other relevant material.
Applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER to reach the following address, not later than Friday, July 15, 2018.
KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PRIVATE MAIL BAG
UNIVERSITY POST OFFICE
UNIVERSITIES OF GHANA OVERSEAS OFFICE
321 CITY ROAD,