Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Ghana Health & Education Initiative Recruitment 2021.
Job Title: Communications Officer
Communications Officer Position Description:
- This Communications Officer position entails working closely with both GHEI’s local Ghanaian staff and the Global Support Team to manage GHEI’s organizational publicity and web-based marketing.
- The Communications Officer is responsible for promoting GHEI’s work through social media and blogging, website, developing online promotional and fundraising campaigns, coordinating donor reporting and relations, and writing and editing reports intended for Ghanaian and Western stakeholders.
- This Communications Officer position requires a great deal of flexibility since responsibilities can change greatly throughout the year.
- Other essential qualities of the Communications Officer include creativity, an outgoing personality, thoughtfulness, initiative, and an ability to live and work in a challenging, resource-poor environment.
Communications Officer Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement annual communications plans and assist with long-term plans to leverage GHEI’s existing resources to solidify funding opportunities.
Donor Relations and Experience (25%)
- Cultivate and manage relationships with existing and new donors through high-quality interactions, seeking to foster long-term engagement and investment.
- Work with local staff to co-manage information tracking processes regarding acknowledgment, recognition, ongoing communications with individual donors.
- Prepare and disseminate periodic reports, newsletters, and program-specific reports to stakeholders and support all aspects of its production, in compliance with specific requirements and ensure reports are submitted on time.
- Write, edit and ensure the overall editorial quality of periodic and program-specific reports.
Website Management (5%)
- As necessary, create and publish engaging content on GHEIs website.
- Regularly review website performance and carry out updates and maintenance.
Social Media Management and Analysis (15%)
- Diversify, manage and maintain GHEIs social media presence through regular content production that highlights ongoing health and education initiatives, success stories and raises awareness of GHEIs catchment communities, mission, vision, and values.
- Conceptualize campaigns and execute social media strategy in support of fundraising efforts.
- Track, monitor and analyze social media presence by assessing performance under key indicators such as reach, engagement, website/page visits, and followers.
Content Creation (20%)
- Photograph program activities, conduct interviews with beneficiaries, and write compelling human-interest stories
- Produce engaging promotional/informational communication materials including flyers, videos, infographics, quote cards, reports, etc.
- Manage and maintain a hard drive containing all communications materials, including up-to-date photographs, fact sheets, etc
Volunteer Program Marketing and Coordination (15%)
- Provide recruitment and marketing support to GHEIs volunteer program (Summer, Serve and Learn, Ghana) via email marketing, online promotion, alumni engagement, etc
- As necessary, provide logistical and administrative support including pre-departure communication with volunteers and on-site programming and coordination.
- The CO should be prepared to assume a mentoring role with the volunteers as they adjust to life in Humjibre. There may be up to four (4), two-week summer volunteer sessions.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter (one-page maximum), your resume/C.V (two pages maximum), and contact details of 2 references (including their email) to
with CO-Your Name as the subject line.
Applications without all three requirements will not be considered.
Although not mandatory, we strongly advise interested candidates to share relevant portfolios demonstrating skills in writing and editing, photography/videography, graphic design, digital content creation, etc.
Work samples produced at the university level will also be accepted.
The application period will remain open until we find the right person.
Only applicants that are selected for further consideration will be contacted for interviews.