Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Ghana Commodity Exchange Ltd Recruitment for Warehouse Assistant Storekeeper.
The Ghana Commodity Exchange, Ltd (GCX), situated in Accra, was established in 2018 and operates warehouses nationwide. It is Ghana’s first centralized marketplace where producers and buyers of commodities trade and are assured product quality and quantity, as well as timely delivery and payment. The aim of
GCX is to link Ghanaian smallholder farmers and traders to markets across Ghana and West Africa, as well as provide them with more access to finance to increase their production. The exchange has commenced trading in Maize and soya bean, with plans to offer other commodities for trading such as cashew, coffee, palm oil, and other cash crops.
- Company: Ghana Commodity Exchange, Ltd
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Warehouse Assistant Storekeeper
This person will assist the Warehouse Storekeeper responsible for receiving, storing and dispatching all commodities delivered by GCX members or their agents ensuring that they conform to the exchange storing standards. The Warehouse Assistant Storekeeper will also ensure the accurate keeping of inventory balances, security, and standards of stored commodities. as well as maintaining a safe work environment for all GCX stakeholders at the warehouse.
Major Job Tasks
- Ensure that all commodities received from depositors are sorted and placed on pallets, stacked appropriately, and accurately labeled to preserve grading and
- Ensure that weighing scales are well-calibrated and weighing is done according to GCX laid down weighing protocols
- Follow up on GCX policies on fumigation, de-infestation to keep the quality of commodities stored in good condition
- Ensure that the warehouse environment is always tidy, neat, hygienic
- Assist in the issuance of GRN, warehouse receipts, and goods dispatch notices.
- Ensure the timely dispatch of commodities and reconciliation of deposits.
- Encourage the aggregation into GCX warehouses
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Storekeeper.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office software, including Excel and Word.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work as assigned by Warehouse Storekeeper
- Working knowledge of warehousing processes and procedures, warehouse equipment operation, and general mechanical maintenance. Educational
training will also be given consideration.
- Proven ability to work well in a team-based environment to achieve goals and objectives.
Education and Experience
- At least a Diploma in Post Harvest Management, Agricultural Sciences, Procurement, Logistics, or related discipline preferred.
- At least one year related work experience required.
Your application should demonstrate how your expertise matches our job requirement and should include:
- Up-to-date CV
- Names and addresses of three (3) professional references
- Current numeration pack (if any)
- Valid email address, daytime contact number
- Stating their willingness to work in the Upper West, Upper East, North East, Northern, Savannah, Ahafo, Bono, Bono East and Volta regions of Ghana.
Applicants shortlisted for interviews must show their willingness to support farmers and traders and be of good health.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit their application letter and CV to Ghana Commodity Exchange (GCX), Human Resources on the 2nd Floor of Export Trade House, Ridge, Accra.
Or Send your application, to [email protected] before 15th October, 2019,
Applications received after this date will note be considered.
Note: Clearly indicate which position you are applying for, your preferred location and the adequate knowledge and experience you possess.