Ghana Atomic Energy Commission Recruitment 2021 | Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Ghana Atomic Energy Commission Recruitment.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Director of Internal Audit
• The Director of Internal Audit is responsible for the management of the Commission’s auditing functions to ensure effective & efficient internal control systems.
• He is to advise and report on the effectiveness of risk management, internal controls and governance processes in the Commission.
The Director of Internal Audit will report directly to the Director-General.
Duties / Key Responsibilities
• Prepare internal audit reports for the Commission.
• Undertake audit investigation of the Commission.
• Examine and report on the Commission’s fixed assets register from time to time.
• Provide inputs and proposal for the update of standards, procedures and guidelines for internal audit in the Commission.
• Monitor the implementation of recommendations made in internal audit reports of the Commission.
• Assist in the design and implementation of appropriate training programmes for staff in the internal audit unit of the Commission.
• Review the design and implementation of appropriate training programmes for staff in the internal audit unit of the commission.
• Review the administration of programmes and operations of the commission and recommend corrective actions
• A Chartered Accountant and a member of an appropriate professional body.
• Must possess post graduate degree in Auditing, Accounting or Finance.
• Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant experience at least ten (10) of which must have been in a very senior position in a reputable organization.
• Must have knowledge and experience in Public Sector Accounting and Auditing.
• Must demonstrate knowledge in computer-based accounting/auditing systems.
• A good team player.
• good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Not more than fifty-five (55) years.
Job Title: Director, Radiation Protection Institute
• A Director of an Institute is an Officer appointed by the Commission and charged with the responsibility for directing the administrative, scientific, technical and commercial functions of the Institute.
• The Director is to work close with the Director-General to implement the Commissions’ policies in the Institute.
• Manage, coordinate and steer all nuclear and related research programmes, projects and activities throughout the nation.
• Help develop expertise in the field of Nuclear Science and related Technologies.
• Initiate new research proposals in accordance with International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) approved programme for Ghana and co-ordinate research, scientific, technical and commercial activities in the Institute.
• Enhance the application of Nuclear Science in the field of education and training for socio-economic development of the country.
• Set priority goals of research and other activities within the Institute in line with the Commission’s policy.
• Steer research and technical operations of the institute, including commercialisation of research outputs.
• Develop and implement the appropriate strategies and systems for effective coordination, monitoring and evaluation of research work within the Institute.
• Create and ensure a sound working environment conducive for the publication of research outputs.
• Ensure availability of funds for research purposes in the Institute;and
• Any other job that may be assigned by the Director-General
• The position is for five (5) years but may be renewed for a second term.
• Must be of a minimum rank of Principal Research Scientist/Principal Scientific Officer/Associate Professor
• Must possess a higher degree (PhD, DSc and D.Phil.) in either Nuclear or related fields
• Must possess a good sense of direction and managerial leadership
• Must have excellent research, analytical and conceptual capabilities to be able to innovative for performance improvement.
• Must be able to demonstrate maturity, integrity, assertiveness, self-confidence and a broad knowledge of the Nuclear and other related fields so as to be able to promote the image of GAEC at national and international fora.
• Must have proven ability to organise and co-ordinate research activities within the institutes of the commission and to motivate research project leaders to combine research excellence with cost effectiveness and relevance
• Must have excellent inter-personal and communication skills so as to be able to inspire research and supporting staff
• Must not be more than 55 years old on December 1, 2021
How to Apply for GAEC Recruitment
A written application together with a completed application form should be submitted to the Director-General at the address below:
Ghana Atomic Energy Commission
P.O. Box LG 80,
The application should also include:
• Complete CV of the applicant with names and addresses of three referees
• A two (2) page Vision Statement.
Closing Date: 07th May 2021