The Ghana Education Service has released approved Subjects for Study Leave with pay for both teaching and non-teaching staff for the 2022/2023 academic year.
The 22 lists of subjects for study leave with pay and percentage allocations attribute to teaching and non-teaching staff of the Ghana Education Service.
GES Approved Subjects for study leave with Pay 2022/2023
1 PHYSICS – 60%
2 CHEMISTRY – 60%
3 ENGLISH LANGUAGE – 60%
4 BIOLOGY – 60%
5 MATHEMATICS – 60%
6 INTEGRATED SCIENCE – 60%
7 PHYSICAL EDUCATION – 60%
8 FRENCH – 60%
9 SPECIAL EDUCATION – 30%
10 GHANAIAN LANGUAGE – 30%
11 EARLY CHILDHOOD – 30%
12 RELIGIOUS STUDIES (CRS) – 30%
13 VISUAL ARTS (GKA, CREATIVE ART, SCULPTURE) – 30%
14 GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING – 30%
15 HISTORY – 30%
16 VOCATIONAL EDUCATION (CLOTHING & TEXTILES, HOSPITALITY
MANAGEMENT, CATERING, FASHION & DESIGN, MANAGEMENT IN LIVING
17 TECHNICAL COURSES (TECH DRAWING, ELECTRONICS, APPLIED ELECTRICITY,
REFRIGERATION, WELDING, METAL WORK, BUILDING CONSTRUCTION, AUTO
MECHANIC, AUTO WORKS, DRAUGHTMANSHIP, GRAPHIC DESIGN)
18 GOVERNMENT – 5%
19 GEOGRAPHY – 5%
20 ECONOMICS – 5%
21 LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – 5%
22 MUSIC – 5%
Conditions for the Grant of Study Leave With Pay
1. The minimum number of years to serve before qualifying for the grant of Study Leave With Pay is 3 (three) years of satisfactory service. A beneficiary of Study Leave With Pay shall be bonded for the number of years served at the Institution plus one (1) year.
2. An applicant (Staff of GES) who served in a designated deprived area for Two (2) years may be eligible for any of the Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) courses.
3. Non-Professional graduate teachers should have served for at least one (1) year before being eligible for any of the Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) courses.
4. Staff of the Service returning from the Secondment must serve a minimum of two (2) years before they become eligible for Study Leave With Pay.
5. Staff of the Service who vacate, leave the service and are re-appointed/re-engaged must serve a minimum of five *5) years before being eligible for Study Leave With Pay.
6. A Staff who does not qualify for the grant of Study Leave With Pay in the first year cannot apply again in the second year of his/her studies. The staff must apply for Study Leave Without Pay to pursue the course.
7. A Staff who is eligible for Study Leave With Pay must have a minimum of two (2) years to serve after the course. For example, a Staff who is Fifty-Five (55) years and above cannot apply for Study Leave With Pay to pursue a course that lasts Four (4) years or more. He/She can, however, apply to pursue curses that have a duration of between (1) and Three (3) years.
8. A Staff shall be eligible for Study Leave With Pay subject to the following:
- Good conduct and performance
- Recommendation by immediate supervisor.