Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Ghana Cooperative Susu Collectors Association (GCSCA) Recruitment for General Manager.
Ghana Cooperative Susu Collectors Association (GCSCA) – Susu is one of the ancient traditional banking systems found mostly in African countries as a means of funds mobilization for commencement, sustenance and in some cases development of small scale enterprises (SSE) (Alabi et al. 2007). The system is believed to have been introduced in Ghana by Yoruba traders originating from Nigeria (Aryeetey and Gockel 1991). In Ghana Susu is where a PERSON agrees to make a daily contribution to an ANOTHER (susu collector) for a period of 31 days and the collector retains or takes a day’s contribution as commission. The collectors sometimes give advances to contributors which is payable in the cause of the month. Due to lack of capital it is limited to few clients. It is known as Ikub in Ethiopia, Dyangy in Camaroon, Chilemba in Uganda, Esusu in Liberia and parts of Nigeria, Cheetu in Sri Lanka, Susu in Tobago or Sou in Trinidad (Seibel 2001) and as Tontines in Francophone Africa.
Due to the contributions of Susu to the development of SMEs and its ability to mop excess liquidity through its savings mobilization methods, susu is recognized and being incorporated into some formal financial institution, dabbed Susu savings and loans using the same methodology.
In 1994 realizing the need for self-regulation, the Association was formed and registered under the Co-operative Societies Degree, 1968 (NLCD 252), with the name Ghana Co-operative Susu Collectors Association (GCSCA) with the slogan, Good name is better than riches. The Association has 10 affiliated societies in all the regions in Ghana. It has a national secretariat in Accra, regional and 3 district offices in Tema, Swedru, and Akim Oda. The Association was established to self-regulate the activities of Susu collectors and instill best practices which would build customer confidence in their operations.
- Company: Ghana Cooperative Susu Collectors Association
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Manage the affairs of the association under the direction of the board of directors
• Organisation of monthly management and quarterly board meetings in consultation with the National President
• Oversee daily operations of the units within the organisation and report on quarterly bases to the board
• Assist in the formulation and implementation of strategies designed for the growth of all regional and national office
• Evaluate and advise on investment to be undertaken by the organisation
• Report directly to board members of G.C.S.C.A
• Ensure that all the regional Associations operate within their budgetary limit
• And any other duties that may be lawfully assigned by the board.
• Master’s Degree in Management, Administration or a related field
• 5 years minimum working experience in a similar field with 3 years in senior management position
• Understanding of modern management information systems
How to Apply
Interested applicants should Click Here to apply.
Application deadline: 11 January, 2019