Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for FLSmidth Recruitment 2023/2024.
FLSmidth & Co. A/S is a Danish multinational engineering company based in Copenhagen, Denmark. With over 10,000 employees worldwide, it provides global cement and mineral industries with factories, machinery, services, and know-how.
Job Title: Applications Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who wants to enter the mining industry as a part of our Applications Engineering Program in our KREBS Pumps, Cyclones, and Valves Global Product Line Management Department. Successful applicants will undergo a structured long-term training program under our global product experts with a target of developing technical support, technical sales, and product management abilities. Top performers could follow multiple career paths including Product Line Management, Global Technical Expert, Regional Sales, and more!
About The Role
The Applications Engineer role is an entry-level position in which successful candidates undergo a long-term training program under the Global Product Line Management (GPLM) team for centrifugal slurry pumps, hydro-cyclones, and knife gate valves to learn all aspects of technical and sales support. This includes evaluating applications to select proper equipment, troubleshooting, and performing basic system calculations. The end goal of the program is to develop industry experts with many career path options.
About The Department
Applications Engineers for KREBS pumps, cyclones, and valves work in the GPLM department for some of the highest revenue-earning product lines within FLSmidth. The department leads all strategy and technical support for these three products. Responsibilities include inventory, pricing, and margin strategy, driving product developments including guidance and rollout, product technical expertise, general marketing support, and much more. We know you have a life outside of work which is why we offer a range of benefits that allow you to plan your life accordingly. We, therefore, endeavor to promote a lifestyle that meets your individual needs while also enabling you to be fully engaged at work.
You Will Be (your Responsibilities)
- Provide product technical support to sales and customers around the globe both onsite and online. This includes product sizing, troubleshooting wear life analysis, and condition monitoring reports.
- Generate new and improve existing PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, and Excel tools to further sales efforts. This includes technical presentations, case studies, reference lists, etc.
- Work closely with the Business Analytics, and Global Marketing teams to develop technical sales support programs and marketing materials.
- Travel as required worldwide in the execution of the duties listed above, could be up to 30% of the time in the first year depending on the opportunities.
- Can get along well with others and work in a team environment.
- Learn to be comfortable presenting in front of large groups of internal and customer audiences with a target of mastering expert-level product training courses that could span for several hours.
- Support Global Product Line Management strategic functions such as:
- Supply Chain
- Sales Support
- Product Development and Product Launch
What You Bring (Your Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business with a strong science and math background (basic physics, algebra, and chemistry knowledge required) or equivalent education or experience.
- Ability to live in the Vienna, Austria area and work full time out of our Accra office (this is not a remote position).
- Willingness and ability to travel globally (up to 30% in the first 2 years).
- Positive attitude and ability to work with others in a team environment.
- The ability to absorb and apply knowledge at a high rate.
- The desire to go above and beyond to drive positive change in our organization.
As an equal-opportunity employer, FLSmidth embraces diversity and equality by promoting an environment of inclusion. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply – the more diverse our employees are, the stronger our team is.
Build a Better World
FLSmidth helps build societies all over the world by contributing to the infrastructure needed for global economic growth. It is a big responsibility, and we are committed to driving productivity while minimizing environmental impact. To achieve this, your skills, your curiosity, and your drive for change are important. Together, we create a collaborative, safe, and supportive environment in which to discover ways to build a better future.
What We Offer
As an equal-opportunity employer, FLSmidth embraces diversity and equality by promoting an environment of inclusion. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply – the more diverse our employees are, the stronger our team is. Kindly note that we will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews on an ongoing basis so please apply as soon as possible.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 18th June 2023