The Florida A&M University admission application deadline for the completion of admission applications for undergraduate and graduate students has been published.
The management of the Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU) admission application closing date has been published. The application deadline also includes the date for the complete application.
About Florida A&M University
The Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU) is a public, university located in Tallahassee, Florida. What distinguishes FAMU from other universities is its legacy of providing access to high-quality, affordable education with programs and services that guide students toward successfully achieving their dreams. FAMU is part of the State University System of Florida and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
In addition to the main Tallahassee campus, FAMU has several satellite campuses across Florida. These include the College of Law in Orlando and the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Institute of Public Health, which has sites in Crestview, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Miami.
FAMU Application Deadlines
|Semester||Application Availability||Application Deadline Date|
|Spring 2023*||March 1, 2022||November 1, 2022|
|Summer 2023*||June 15, 2022||March 1, 2023|
|Fall 2023*||June 15, 2022||May 1, 2023|
*Applications submitted after the deadline may be considered for a future term.
Presidential Scholars Program
|Semester||Application Availability||Application and Supporting Documents Deadline Date|
|Fall 2023*||June 15, 2022||October 1, 2022*|
*Applications, official high school transcript, official test score reports submitted directly from the testing agency must be received by October 1, 2022.
*Complete files consists of an application, a paid application fee, official test scores on file, and official transcripts received. Please note that Self-Reported Transcripts is deemed unofficial for consideration of the Presidential Scholars Program.
Students must have an admissions acceptance email or letter from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by November 1, 2022 for scholarship consideration (if eligible)
Please note that the November 1, 2022 decision date, only applies to the Presidential Scholars Program that is overseen by the University Scholarship Office and does not apply toward any other scholarship opportunities that may be offered by the financial aid office or your academic area in which your desire major falls within. Please contact the appropriate areas directly to inquire about any scholarship opportunities they may offered.
Summer “B” Term
One of the factors to consider in applying to FAMU is the term you identify to enter the university. The standard entry point is the fall semester in late August. However, many freshmen now choose Summer B in June, when there aren’t as many students at the university. Beginning freshmen sometimes need the slower pace of summer to acclimate themselves to college and campus life.
Summer B is no different from fall in terms of competition, as all freshman applicants are evaluated as a class. There is no distinction between terms, so there is no admission advantage or disadvantage to choosing summer or fall entry.
- *Official transcripts from high school; approved or regional accredited or Self Reporting system (SSAR).
- *Official home School transcript or GED transcript, if applicable
- Official Redesigned SAT [code: 5215] or ACT [code: 0726] score, directly from agency
- 500 word essay; part of the application
- Two letters of recommendations teacher and/or counselor; part of the application
- *Official dual enrollment transcripts from all colleges/universities attended; if applicable
- Official AICE, AP, CLEP, IB, and TOEFL/IELTS scores, if applicable
- Completed online application and $35.00 non-refundable application fee or approved official application fee waiver; upload is part of the application
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University accepts electronic transcripts through the schools statewide and/or countrywide system (SPEEDE, FASTER, Parchment/Naviance, eScrip-Safe, SCOIR, Xello, Clearinghouse, and Credential Solutions.).
- Mailed in the school official sealed envelope through a certified postal service or carrier.
- Self-Reported Transcript (SSAR) by clicking the “LINK SSAR” link within the iRattler Portal under your to-do list. Please note that final high school transcripts cannot be self-reported.
Please Note: Any transcript or GED transcript submitted by fax, copied, student copy, not signed, not in the school official sealed envelope, or emailed from an account other than the electronic schools statewide and/or countrywide systems indicated above is deemed unofficial and will cause a delay in your application being processed in a timely manner.