Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Fisheries Commission Recruitment for Senior FPE Manager.
- Company: Fisheries Commission
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Senior FPE Manager
• To provide technical and operational support in FPE for the achievement of the objectives of the Commission.
• Supervises the management of FPE database for effective and efficient management of activities in the Division.
• Collates inputs for the development of appropriate systems for diagnosis and surveillance.
• Collates data for the development of standards for emerging FPE management practices.
• Collects data for the management of-complaints from FPE stakeholders.
• Supervises and appraises the performance of subordinate staff
• Facilitates the provision of Extension Services of the Commission.
• Supervises the collation of data for the preparation of the annual work plan of the Division.
• Collates data for the preparation of mutual budget of the Division.
• Inspects fisheries facilities and produces appropriate reports.
• Administers drugs and chemicals in the aquaculture establishments.
• Collates data for the preparation of atmual and other periodic reports of the Division.
• A minimum of a master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Fisheries, Aquaculture Sciences or any related field.
• A minimum of four (4) years post-qualification relevant work experience in a reputable institution.
• Must pass a competitive selection interview conducted by the Fisheries Commission in collaboration with the Public Services Commission.
• Availability of vacancy in the grade of Senior FPE
• A minimum of three (3) years on the grade of FPE Manager.
• Must have a Satisfactory Staff Performance Appraisal Report.
• Must pass a competitive selection interview conducted by the Fisheries Commission in collaboration with the Public Services
• Good leadership, networking, monitoring and management skills.
• Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Negotiating and conflict management.
• Capacity to inspire and motivate.
• Knowledge and experience in Fish Health, Post-Harvest and Extension Services.
• Knowledge in financial, procurement and budgeting regulations.
• Proficiency in relevant computer applications.
• High integrity, confidentiality, firm and fair.
How to Apply
Suitable candidates can send their CVs and application letters in English to the Executive Director, Fisheries Commission, P.O. Box GP 630, Accra or submit at the Head Office of Fisheries Commission located at Ridge Near the Ridge Church School.
Application Deadline: 20 December 2019