Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Evangelical Presbyterian Church Recruitment 2024.
Job Title: Internal Auditor
The Internal Auditor position at Evangelical Presbyterian University College is a senior management position. The Internal Auditor has the responsibility of auditing all financial transactions and records of the university college and thereby ensuring compliance with all related financial rules and regulations.
He/She is also t ensure that financial transactions are in line with budgetary provisions as well as the Constitution, statutes, and other regulations approved by the university college.
Above all, the job holder will initiate and implement internal accounting procedures, systems, and controls and shall report to the University College Council.
The Internal Auditor shall perform the customary functions of his/her office, including but not limited to the following:
- Verifying assets;
- Recommending and ensuring compliance with laid-down or appropriate cost-control and fraud-control procedures and regulations;
- Ensuring that financial transactions have obtained the requisite authorization:
- Initiating or carrying out any investigations at the president’s instance and issuing queries as appropriate;
- Ascertaining the extent to which assets of the university college are used, accounted for, and safeguarded against waste, errors, misappropriation, misapplication, and losses of all kinds and issue queries as appropriate;
- Reviewing and appraising where necessary, the adequacy, soundness, and applications of accounting, financial and operational controls:
- Performing such other functions as may be prescribed by the University College Council, the president, the senate, or the Administrative and Social Services Board;
- Assuring the university management of the completeness, accuracy, and reliability of financial records and information needed for decision-making:
- Carrying out special reviews of systems aimed at stamping out weaknesses;
- Arranging to obtain, develop and maintain appropriate human and other resources necessary for the attainment of the objectives of the audit department of the university college.
The applicant must:
- Be a qualified member of a recognized professional body such as ICA, ACCA, CIMA, or CPA;
- Have at least a three-year post qualification experience with at least two (2) years in a senior management position;
- Have experience preferably in a higher educational institution or a practicing;
- And must possess an MBA, M.Sc., or MPhil. (Accounting or Finance option).
THE APPLICANT MUST:
- Be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative, visionary, and proactive;
- Have a hands-on mentality and the ability to work independently.
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills,
- Be a good team player,
- Have strong IT skills and familiarity with accounting software; and
- Have the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Job Title: Finance Officer
The Finance Officer Position at Evangelical Presbyterian University College is a top management position. The Finance Officer is the Chief Accounting Officer of the university college and the Chief Financial Advisor to the president of the university college.
He/She has general responsibility for the administration of the financial affairs of the university college and exercise direct superintendence of overall accounting officers.
He/she is also responsible for ensuring that the accounts of the university college are drawn up following the Constitution establishing the university college, the statutes and all other Regulations approved by the university college, and all other relevant national laws.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of personnel in different sections of the Finance Office;
- Receive all monies, revenues, donations, and other resources due or payable to the University College and make payments on behalf of the University College as authorized.
- Prepare such statements, accounts, operating and capital budgets, and estimates for consideration by the Finance Committee and Council.
- Ensure that new and improved financial systems and procedures, proper books of accounts, and records of all the university college’s properties are introduced and properly kept. He/she shall design appropriate accounting systems for the financial administration of the university college.
- Maintain close liaison with both public and private financial agencies and institutions, and keep abreast of economic conditions which may affect the university college;
- Afford every facility for the Internal and External Auditors of the university to do their work effectively.
- Prepare and present annual accounts for the consideration of the Finance Committee and necessary action by the External Auditors of the university college.
- Look for opportunities and avenues for, and be proactive in raising funds for the university college.
How to Apply for Evangelical Presbyterian Church Recruitment
Interested applicants should direct all applications and details to the address below:
AG. DIRECTOR, ADMIN/HRM,
E. P. CHURCH, GHANA,
P. O. BOX HP 18,
Or through the following Email address: [email protected]
Closing Date: On or before 3rd September 2021.