Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Epiroc Recruitment 2023/2024.
Job Title: Energy Transition Lead
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.Position Summary & Job PurposeTetra Tech is searching for an Energy Transition Lead (ETL) for the USAID Empower West Africa Energy Project. The ETL provides project leadership and technical expertise on advancing energy sector transition in the region, as further detailed below. The position is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits and is contingent upon contract award. Non-Ghanaian candidates must be willing to relocate to Accra, Ghana for the duration of the project. Position Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and delivery on decarbonization and clean energy results
- Manage, supervise and coordinate technical services and activities in-country
- Provide thought leadership and technical support as needed to accelerate implementation
- Interact with USAID, USG officials on technical issues of projects to propose and agree on a necessary activity and deliverable changes and innovations
- Effectively integrate guiding principles in the design, implementation and evaluation of activities and programs, including environment, social, climate change, and gender and social inclusion, monitoring, evaluation and learning aspects
- Participate and assist in setting up and undertake periodic reviews and reporting
Essential KSAs Required (experience, Skills, Education, Certification, Etc.)
- 8-10+ years’ experience, including developing country work to increase power supply through clean energy solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, law, engineering, economics, finance, policy, or a related field. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated familiarity, and prior experience working in the energy sector in West Africa
- Knowledgeable in developing and implementing climate-resilient pathways to net-zero power systems, including regional and national policies, strategies, laws and regulations; integrated resource and resilience planning to increase clean energy generation; planning and modernization of grid infrastructure; sector coupling and decarbonization; promotion of decentralized power generation and energy efficiency.
- Familiarity promoting gender equality and social inclusion in the energy sector
- Prior experience with managing a team of subject matter experts across geographies
- Familiarity with design and implementation of capacity building programs in the electricity sector
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy, and leadership skills, including the ability to manage high-level relationships
Valued But Not Required KSAs
- Experience with utility unbundling and energy sector restructuring.
- Experience with cross border power trade, and power pools
- Experience increasing on-grid and off-grid access to affordable, reliable energy
- Experience increasing public and private energy sector investment and innovation
- Experienced promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment in the energy sector
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Office setting
About Tetra TechTetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 470 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—22,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 8th July 2023