Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the 2020/2021 Denys Holland Scholarship to undertake undergraduate studies at University College London, UK.
Denys Holland Scholarship
The Denys Holland Scholarship aims to support undergraduate students from any country, who without the support of the scholarship would be unable to secure the funding required to study at UCL, and who can demonstrate their intention to make full use of the activities offered by UCL and the Student Union.
Denys Holland Scholarship Eligibility
Candidates should be:
- holding a valid UCL Student Number or UCAS Application Number
- holding an offer of admission to UCL for full-time undergraduate study commencing in September 2020, in any department;
- in financial need;
- able to demonstrate that they have broad interests and intend to be actively involved in and contribute to the life of the university;
- preferably aged 25 or below at the time of commencing their studies.
Selection Criteria: The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need, subject to applicants demonstrating their intention to play a full part in extracurricular activities of UCL and the Students Union.
Value of Scholarship:
- The scholarship is worth £9,000 per year for three years, subject to satisfactory academic progress and scholars may choose to use all or part of the scholarship to cover fees. Any remainder is paid to the scholar as a maintenance award.
- The scholarship may be held alongside other grants, bursaries, awards or scholarships, provided annual total funding does not exceed the cost of fees plus a reasonable sum for maintenance in any one year (as determined by UCL).
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship is for one year in the first instance, but will be renewed subject to satisfactory progress, for up to a total of three years.
How to Apply for Denys Holland Scholarship
Applicants must provide UCL Student Number or UCAS Application Number for applications to be considered valid. Complete applications and supporting documentations should be submitted by email before Friday, 3 July 2020 at 5pm (UK time).
The successful candidate will be notified as soon as a decision is made by mid-September. If you have not heard from us by 14 September 2020, you may assume your application was unsuccessful.
For more information, visit the Denys Holland Scholarship.
Application Deadline: 3th July, 2020