For every Industry and Company, there is a need for interaction between the company and its clients. Such relationships help prospective clients know that the company respects and values its customers.
Customer Representative Job Profile
Customer representatives are more involved with handling complaints and giving customers information about the company products and services. They also ensure that the client’s desires/complaints are directed to the appropriate department for necessary action to be taken.
Sometimes, they work alongside members of the sales team in ensuring product knowledge and client satisfaction. They sometimes require direct contact with clients or make contact via telephone and other internet-based tools in carrying out their job description.
Customer Representative Job Description
- Having a professional attitude toward customers at all times.
- Communicating with customers through various channels and responding promptly to their needs.
- Acknowledging and channelling customer complaints to the right source.
- Have a good knowledge of the products and services offered by your company.
- Keeping records of customer interactions for further purposes
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process in their monthly reports.
- Ensure customer satisfaction at all times
Skills Needed for Customer Representative Position
A Customer representative should possess some of the listed skills to fit into the position.
- Presentation Skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Critical Thinking Abilities
- Good Product Knowledge
- Ability to Generate Sales Leads
- Social Media Savy
- Knowledge Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word etc.)
- IT Skills
Typical Employers of Customer Representatives
Customer Representatives can fit into different industries. However, there are some specific industries where the role of the Customer representative is very vital.
- Construction Firms
- Service industries
- Hospitality Services
- Telecommunication Industries
Qualification of Customer representative
Becoming a customer representative, usually, a secondary school leaving certificate is the minimum requirement as you would be given hands-on training on how to fit into your new role. Additionally, you need to have a little knowledge in the field of marketing.
If you intend to climb up the career ladder then a degree in business administration, marketing with a focus on customer satisfaction at postgraduate level is required although any degree subject is acceptable for entry-level positions.
In Conclusion, You can gain relevant experience by volunteering or taking internship positions at companies where customer relationship officers are required. Also, work on your Interpersonal relationship skills as it is very important in your role.