Applications are invited for the Commonwealth Writers Internship Program 2019 at the Commonwealth Foundation. They are looking for an Intern to work in the exciting arena of Commonwealth Writers.
The internship will be London based and support activities of the program, in particular the two websites, www.commonwealthwriters.org and www.addastories.org, and various projects including the Commonwealth Short Story Prize and craft development initiatives. It is expected for the intern to also work across the organisation, particularly with Knowledge, Learning & Communications Intern in respect to Communications. The internship will last for one year.
Commonwealth Writers is a cultural programme within the Commonwealth Foundation. The Foundation is an international organisation established by Heads of Government in support of the belief that the Commonwealth is as much an association of peoples as it is of governments. It is the Commonwealth agency for civil society; a unique, stand-alone organisation established by, funded and reporting to governments.
Commonwealth Writers Internship Program Benefits
- £50 per day
- A travel allowance (commuting to and from the office) to a maximum of £20 per day is available to an intern who lives outside of London. London travel is not covered by the Foundation.
- As an internship this does not constitute employment with the Foundation. There are no payments for bank holiday, privilege days or sickness. There is a limited holiday allowance.
- The Intern is included fully in any external training opportunities (including conference attendance) and appropriate internal learning & development programs.
- Assistance is given where possible to aid the Intern in securing a permanent role in another organisation at the end of their internship. If there was a suitable vacancy at the Foundation, the intern can apply, however there is no guarantee of a permanent role at the end of internship.
Commonwealth Writers Internship Program Eligibility
- Applicants must possess nationality or visa that gives them automatic right to live in the UK;
- The individual should have strong writing skills, research ability and experience, experience of working with websites and various social media tools, ability to meet tight deadlines, Microsoft Office knowledge and good administration skills.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Writers Internship Program
Candidates who have met the above criteria should CLICK HERE to apply.
For more information, visit Commonwealth Writers.
Application Deadline: January 25, 2019