Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Central University Recruitment 2021.
- Company: Central University
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tema
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Budget Officer
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer (CFO), the Assistant Registrar in charge of budget will perform the following:
- Ensure efficient coordination of various Schools/Faculties/Directorates, and designated accounts by implementing budgeting systems and financial records which are compatible with the University’s accounting and reporting systems.
- Interpret University financial reports and advise the cost center heads financial decisions by providing accurate information on the financial status of individual accounts and the cost center as a whole.
- Assist in annual budgeting and financial planning by providing allocation and expense projections.
- Ensure the financial integrity of designated budgets by monitoring balances and expenditures.
- Provide assistance by collecting, organizing, and analyzing financial and other statistical data for the preparation of financial and non-financial reports, establishing reporting deadlines for cost center staff, providing data for these reports, and utilizing the university systems to assist with financial management responsibilities.
- Coordinate budgetary and other statistical data with other University offices, as directed.
- Serve as liaison between the cost centers and the finance directorate on financial matters such as budget submission and clarification of financial and budgetary policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of the annual salary increase matrix to determine annual salary increases based on performance and equity.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of others.
- Contribute to the overall success of the cost center by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned, maintaining high levels of accuracy, maintaining a Human Resource Management Directorate professional demeanor and appropriate levels of confidentiality, and providing excellent customer service.
Applicants seeking appointment must have:
- Second Degree in Accounting/Finance from a reputable institution
- Possession of part two (2) of any of the Professional Chartered Accounting Programmes (ICAG, CIMA, ACCA, etc) will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years post qualification experience in an accounting or budgetary position with a reputable institution
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- proficient in spreadsheets and financial modeling
- ability to initiate and follow through with work and meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- good interpersonal, communication, organizational and administrative skills
- a high a level of numeracy, data analysis, eye for details and report writing skills
Job Title: Fundraising and Partnership Engagement Officer
- Reporting to the Vice-Chancellor, the position holder will lead the University’s Fundraising and Partnership Engagement drive.
- The role demands a strong strategic and analytical orientation coupled with exceptional communication skills as well as a highly developed collaborative nature.
- Sourcing and cultivating funding and donor partners
- Arranging fundraising prospects and events.
- Maintaining records and administrative systems for the University’s relations with partners, donors and friends
- Following up on funding, donor leads, benefactions
- Liaising with the Registrar and Chief Finance Officer to obtain accurate financial records of all donations
- Facilitating Community and Stakeholder engagements and ensuring follow-through
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess a Masters Degree in any area of study (Business, Social Sciences etc)
- Experience – Candidate must possess at least 6 years of working experience in a related role, preferably working in and with Senior Management Teams in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Be numerate, financially literate and fully computer literate with good report writing skills
- Be analytical, strategic and possess good organisational and administrative skills with a flair for external relations and institutional linkages
How to Apply for Central University Recruitment
Interested persons with the requisite qualifications and related work experience should submit:
• Employment forms (Can be obtained either by downloading from www.central.edu.gh or from the Office of the Director, Human Resource Directorate, Miotso Campus or Call 022-951477 for further inquiries
• Application letter
• Curriculum vitae with names and addresses of 3 referees
• A 2-page statement indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues to ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission to:
The Director (HRM)
Application Deadline: 4th March 2021.