Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Canwin Hotel Recruitment 2023/2024.
CANWIN Hotel is the new finest hotel located in the fast-developing and bustling community of Ocean View Estates, Sakumono. It is located a few minutes away from the Gulf of Guinea and the Junction Mall, Nungua making it a popular choice for leisure, business, and education.
Job Title: Waiter / Waitress
Waiter / Waitress
We are looking for a waiter or waitress who will be responsible for duties at our restaurant and bar. Duties required are serving guests at the restaurant, taking orders, handling requests from guests, and liaising with kitchen and bar staff to provide excellent service. To be successful in this role, you will need excellent communication and social skills, the ability to multitask, written skills, as well as competency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel. Prior experience as a waiter is also helpful.
• Greet and escort customers to their tables
• Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients, or potential food allergies)
• Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware, and glasses
• Inform customers about the day’s specials
• Offer menu recommendations upon request
• Up-sell additional products when appropriate
• Take accurate food and drinks orders, using POS ordering software, order slips, or by memorization
• Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
• Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
• Serve food and drink orders
• Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
• Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
• Deliver checks and collect bill payments
• Carry dirty plates, glasses, and silverware to the kitchen for cleaning
• Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu, and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
• Follow all relevant health department regulations
• Provide excellent customer service to guests
• Prior experience as a waiter/waitress or in a related field.
• Consistent, professional dress, and manner.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, and Excel.
• Good time management skills.
• Years of Experience: (3 years experience)
• Applicant must live in these areas: Teshie, Nungua, La, Sakumono, Lashibi, Spintex
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CVs to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 20th July 2023