The University of Cambridge has opened the application window for all scholarships that require you to apply to the University of Cambridge via the normal online application form, and most scholarships that require you to apply by the relevant deadline.
Cambridge Trust Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible to receive a Cambridge International Scholarship, students must:
- be liable to pay the Overseas University Composition Fee (i.e. be assessed as ‘Overseas’ for Fee Status purposes).
- be engaged in a three year research programme leading to the PhD (i.e. will be registered as PhD, “Probationary PhD” or “CPGS”) starting in the next academical year.
- be engaged in full-time study.
- have a high upper-second-class undergraduate honours degree from a UK Higher Education Institution, or an equivalent from an Overseas Institution.
- Please note: all students applying for a course of one year duration or less (including LLM, MSt, MBA, MED, Part III Mathematics, MPhil) in the next academic year are not eligible for a CISS award in the next academic year.
Selection Criteria: A University Committee draws up one ranked list of all PhD candidates across all disciplines. The only factors taken into consideration in agreeing this list are academic qualifications, references and research potential. The financial situation of applicants does not affect the selection of scholarship winners.
Value of Scholarship: Each award will underwrite the full cost of fees and maintenance for the duration of the course.
Duration of Scholarship: The award has a maximumduration of three years and is available to all students who will be registered for a three year research programme, leading to the PhD (including CPGS), that starts in the next academical year.
How to Apply for Cambridge Trust Scholarships
All candidates should submit the Graduate Application Form and complete the funding section of the online application form via the Applicant Portal expressing their ‘wish to be considered for funding’
For more information, visit the Cambridge Trust Scholarships.
- There are two general course funding deadlines of 3 December 2020 and 7 January 2021. These deadlines apply to both UK and overseas applicants.