Blacks at Microsoft (BAM) is accepting applications are open for the Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships 2020. BAM is a company-sponsored employee network dedicated to supporting the continued growth and development of black employees at Microsoft Corporation.
This year, BAM will award two US$5,000 scholarships to outstanding high-school seniors who are interested in pursuing careers in technology. The scholarships are renewable, so winners who continue to meet the criteria can receive an annual $5,000 award for up to four years.
Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships Eligibility
To be considered for a BAM Scholarship, you must:
- Be a high-school senior of African descent (for example, African American, African, or Ethiopian).
- Plan to attend a four-year college or university in the fall of the year following high-school graduation.
- Plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or select business programs (such as finance, business administration, or marketing).
- Demonstrate a passion for technology.
- Demonstrate leadership at school or in the community.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Require financial assistance to attend college.
Fields of Study: Engineering, Computer science, Computer Information Systems, or select business programs (such as Finance, Business Administration, or Marketing).
Value of Award:
- The scholarships are renewable – winners who continue to meet the criteria are eligible to receive an annual award of $5,000 for up to four (4) consecutive years for a potential total $20,000 scholarship.
- Five scholarship runners-up will be eligible for a $1,500 BAM technology stipend based on need.
How to Apply for Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships
To apply for a BAM Scholarship, submit your application online through the link below by April 10, 2020 11:59 PM Pacific Time with the following items:
For more information, visit Blacks at Microsoft Scholarships.
Application Deadline: 10th April 2020