Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) Recruitment 2023/2024.
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and the Centre for Gender Studies and Advocacy (CEGENSA) have set up a collaborative project on the Africa-based Gender Technical Platform for Gender Responsive Malaria Advocacy and Policy. The project aims to strengthen the capacity of CEGENSA’s gender experts in gender integration and malaria, to enable them to provide gender integration technical advisory services for malaria programming and policy. The project shall also manage the Global Malaria and Gender Community of Practice, and generate key evidence and learning at the Gender-Malaria intersection. The successful candidate will work with the project coordinators to document and analyse the entire set-up process and generate key evidence and learning insights at the Gender-Malaria Intersection. S/he will be responsible for supporting the project team in conducting gender analyses of national malaria strategic plans and review of selected malaria-endemic countries.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Development Trainer
|Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF)
Postdoctoral Researcher, CEGENSA
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Ph.D., awarded within the last five years in any gender and/or health-related field of study. Previous work on malaria will be an advantage.
• Demonstrated ability to produce peer-reviewed research articles in high-ranking journals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Ability to work well in an interdisciplinary research team.
Applicants should submit the following in a single PDF file:
• An application letter (a maximum of two pages) that includes a description of how they can work towards the project objectives with their expertise;
• A CV, including a full list of publications;
• Copies of academic transcripts and/or certificates;
• An example of a written work published not more than 10 years ago on gender and/or malaria or any health or health-related topic;
• Email addresses of two referees who were directly involved in their Ph.D. and/or previous postdoctoral research.
Conditions of award:
• The successful applicant will be expected to commence work on the project at a mutually agreed date not later than May 30th, 2023.
• S/he shall be engaged on a one-year contract, renewable for one extra year.
• The successful applicant will be required to comply with the University of Ghana’s approved policies, procedures, and practices as a member of the university community.
• S/he will be given the necessary resources for their work: desk and office space, and IT infrastructure, and will participate in other project-related activities as may be assigned by the coordinators.
• The remuneration is competitively attractive.
• CEGENSA reserves the right to:
• Disqualify ineligible, incomplete, and/or inappropriate applications;
• Change the conditions of the award or make no awards at all.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to [email protected] and copied to:
Application Deadline: 1st May 2023