As we all know that Education is the bedrock of every successful nation, but everyone cannot have access to education, mostly because of financial constraint. To help students in this category, we have put up a list of trusted lending financial institutions in Ghana with a low-interest rate loan for students. You can also read how to apply and get a student loan in Ghana. This will help students pursue their dreams be it in a certificate, diploma, masters or even to the Ph.D level.
Students Loan in Ghana
Before committing yourself to a student loan, you must have a second thought, since there are some terms and conditions binding such loans in Ghana. Different lending institutions in Ghana offer different interest rate to students. Above all, they offer a favourable grace period for repayment. lower interest rate and an option for deferred payments.
Banks that Give Student Loans in Ghana
Below are some of the banks in Ghana that offer loan to students.
Bank of Africa Ghana – Educational Loan
The Bank of Africa Ghana student loan is referred to as Educational Loan. They also extend their loan service to Ghanaians who are employed, but have a dream to further their studies. The Bank of Africa also offer personal loan to students in Ghana. Interestingly, they finance student’s loan 100%.
However, students must be eligible for the loan. According to the Bank of Africa Ghana official page, students must meet the following criteria:
- You need to be above the age of 21 years, but below 58 years of age.
- You need to have a good record and not blacklisted.
- You can get the loan by being either their customer or non-customer.
- You need to have an employment period of at least 6 months.
Vist the Bank of Africa Ghana branch today to indicate your interest.
Societe Generale Ghana
Societe Generale Ghana provides students with loans that will help them cater for their education expenses. It is one of the financial institutions in Ghana that provides fast loans for student emergency fees. Parents can access this loan facility to finance their children’s school fees. Their loan repayment has a grace period of 10 months.
Here are the requirements to access this loan.
- You must be an account holder with the Societe Generale Ghana and recieve at least a month’s salary.
- You need a proof that you are employed by providing 3 payslips, which are consecutive.
Vist the Societal Generale Ghana branch today to indicate your interest.
HFC Bank Ghana- Educational Loan
The HFC Bank is among the financial lending institutions that offer loans to graduate students in Ghana. Both graduates and mature students can benefit from HFC loan system to further their studies. Their interest rate for student’s loan is low.
Here are some requirements to access this loan.
- You have to open an account with the HFC Bank and maintain it.
- The graduates have to prove that they have worked in a period not less than 12 months and the salaries deposited in their account.
- They have to prove that they did not have debts by presenting their school bills.
Vist the HFC Bank Ghana branch today to indicate your interest.
We believe this list was quite helpful, share this post with your friends who need to access student loan.