Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Akyem Vocational & Technical Institute (AVTI) Recruitment 2023/2024.
Newmont Akyem Development Foundation (NAkDeF) is a company, limited by guarantee, set up by Newmont and Akyem mine communities to establish and manage sustainable social investment projects and activities together with GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit). GIZ is a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and education dedicated to building a future worth living around the world. NAKDeF together with GIZ is promoting the establishment of Akyem Vocational and Technical Institute (AVTI). The AVTI is under the NAkDeF/GIZ partnership programme called Akyem Skills, Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development (A-SEED). The main objective of AVTI is to equip the youth with employable skills for their livelihoods. The Institute aims at improving the employable skills of the youth through Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET).
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below;
Job Title: Communication Officer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the development of communications strategy which promotes and increases awareness of activities of the Foundation
• Prepare and disseminate correct and consistent information to inform both internal and external stakeholders, especially project communities, on all Foundation activities using appropriate materials and methods (newsletters, social media, brochures, etc)
• Develop and maintain effective media relations with all key media organizations and outlets
• Plan and lead the execution of the Foundation’s public events
• Ensure media publicity for the Foundation’s programs and activities
• Develop and manage content for the Foundation’s official website and social media platforms
• Manage the Foundation’s newsletter
• Draft media releases
• Conduct media monitoring and provide analytical reports
• Manage the foundation’s photo & films library
• Compile and manage the stakeholder database of the foundation.
• Liaise with Newmont Communication Department for the development of messages and other communication materials such as flyers, posters, documentaries etc.
• Arrange visits and meetings
• Attend events and reporting back
• Any other duties as may be assigned
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Verbal proficiency in Akan language is desirable
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Must be able to work under minimum supervision, deliver timely and quality results
• Must have good understanding of creative and innovative approaches to project the activities of the Foundation
• Team player and excellent organizational skills
• Good knowledge of the local and national media landscape
• Skills in graphic design
• Skills in website design and other tools for website management
Education, Training & Experience:
• Degree in Communication Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution
• At least 3–5 year’s work experience in media or Communication related environment
• Knowledge of local media landscape and familiar with local governance institutions.
• Familiarity with Foundations and NGOs related work
• Familiarity with administrative support and office procedures
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 30th June 2023