The Accra Technical University (ATU) Re-Opening Date for the commencement of the first semester of the 2020/2021 academic year has been announced.
Following the publication of the academic calendar, the management of the Accra Technical University (ATU) has announced the resumption date for the commencement of academic activities for all fresh and continuing students for the 2020/2021 academic year.
ATU Re-Opening Date for 2020/2021
The university community and the general public are hereby informed that the university’s academic activities resume on
Friday, 15th January, 2021 Monday, 18th January,2021.
Friday, 15th January, 2021
Registration/Orientation for Freshers
Monday, 18th-Friday, 22nd January, 2021
Commencement of lectures for Freshers
Monday, 25th January, 2021
Registration/Commencement of lectures for Continuing Students
Monday, 18th January, 2021
Mode of Delivery of Lecture for 2020/2021 Academic Year
1. Based on the President’s directive for all Universities to resume teaching/learning activities in January 2021, the University presents its 2020/2021 academic calendar for all programmes in Appendix A and
2. Additionally, following the successful completion of the previous academic year using online platforms and considering the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, Academic Board, during its meeting of 27/11/2020, agreed on blended mode of teaching and learning for the 2020-2021 academic year with the following details:
- There will be two semesters of sixteen (16) weeks each in the academic
- There will be two tracks of students, A and B, that will alternate between face-to-face lectures and online Each track will have about seven thousand (7,000) students.
- A semester for each track will comprise, six (6) weeks of face- to-face lectures, six (6) weeks of online lectures and two (2) weeks of
- Track A will consist of:
- HND I
- Non-Tertiary Year 1
- BTech Levels 100, 300 & 400 (for MLS)
- BTech Level 300 (Top-up)
- HND 3 (apart from Faculty of Business)
- Track B will consist of:
- HND II
- Non-Tertiary Year 2
- BTech Level 200 (for MLS)
- BTech 400 (Top-up)
- HND III (Faculty of Business)
All examinations will be written on Campus
3. Per the arrangement above, the second semester will commence on Monday, 17th May, 2021 and will run till Saturday, 4th September,
4. Assignments/Quizes should be done either online or during the face-to-face This will constitute twenty percent (20%) of the final mark.
5. Mid-semester examination for both Tracks will be organized in the seventh and eighth week, respectively, on campus. This will also constitute twenty percent (20%) of the final
6. All practical courses shall be handled while students are on campus.
7. In the second semester, Tracks A and B will be swapped to enable the final year students complete their academic year by Saturday, 4th September, 2021, to facilitate preparation towards graduation within the same
8. Deans and Heads of Departments under the supervision of the Pro Vice-Chancellor are to ensure strict adherence to the timetable and provide tutorials to the students within their department.