Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Recruitment for Unit Manager – Management.
Asanko’s vision is to build a low-cost, mid-tier gold mining company through organic production growth, exploration and disciplined deployment of its financial resources. .
- Company: Asanko Gold Ghana Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
The incumbent will undertake various functions related to the budget process on the mine, forecasting, optimization exercises, investment justifications, and budget holder support in order to provide a cost-effective management accounting service in accordance with policies and procedures. The scope includes reporting to the group Finance Team, KPI’s, variance analysis, stock valuations, capital reporting, and turnover analysis and to ensure that internal control is upheld. He/She must demonstrate an aptitude for efficiency, problem-solving, and resourcefulness, with a deep commitment to the bottom line without compromising on quality.
- Plan the annual budget process in terms of timing, guidelines, communication and facilitation;
- Coordinate and manage the annual CAPEX and OPEX budgeting process for final approval;
- Oversee the collation of budget inputs from line management and accountants;
- Oversee the detailed annual budget reporting process, coordinate monthly forecast and bi-annual budget revisions;
- Prepare monthly management reports on variances from the established budget;
- Work with cost accountants to effectively manage budgets and ensure costs are allocated accurately and timely;
- Identify and analyse expenditure trends and performance against budget;
- Coordinate Monthly cost review meetings with budget holders to assess departmental performance;
- Run various budget scenarios to facilitate operational and business plans;
- Provide input to support CAPEX and review financial justifications for investments;
- Propose, Design, and implement internal control policies and procedures;
- Drive cost saving initiatives, identify wastage and suggest improvements;
- Compile key business metrics and report on them;
- Continually improve management and KPI reports, providing high quality information to budget holders and management;
- Be abreast of best cost matrices and trends in the mining industry in Ghana and advice management of same;
- Perform any other finance functions and related jobs assigned from time to time by the Finance Manager.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bsc/Bcom Accounting/Finance or relevant qualification from a recognized tertiary institution;
- Qualified member of an Accountancy body (ACCA, ICA GH, CIMA);
- Minimum of five (5) years’ post qualification work experience in Management Accounting in the Mining or related industry;
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the interdependency of cost drivers;
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of the entire arc of the business and how productivity impacts
- Ability to generate budgets and accurate reports; q Strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills; q Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel Power Query, Word, database management, etc; q Strong working knowledge in any well recognized Accounting Software. DELTA ERP is an advantage; q Creative thinking skills and ability to solve problems; q Must be Honest, ethical and have strong integrity; q Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to apply.