Saudi Arabia is a desert country in the Middle East, comprising most of the Arabian Peninsula, with Red Sea and Persian (Arabian) Gulf coastlines. Neighboring countries include Jordan to the northwest, Iraq, and Kuwait to the northeast, Bahrain and Qatar to the east, the United Arab Emirates to the southeast, and Oman and Yemen to the south.
Saudi Arabia is known as the birth land of Islam, and hosts two very sacred mosques highly esteemed by Islam (Masjid al-Haram, in Mecca which is a destination for the annual Hajj pilgrimage, and the Medina’s Masjid an-Nabawi, the burial site of the prophet Muhammad).
Riyadh is its capital city, and it is a skyscraper-filled metropolis. Its official currency is the Saudi Riyal.
However, if you are traveling to Saudi Arabia you will need a visa that is specific to the reason for your travel. In this article, we will show you how to apply for Saudi Arabia visa from Ghana, Saudi Arabia visa requirements for Ghana citizens, Saudi Arabia visa fee for Ghanaians, Saudi Arabia visa processing time in Ghana.
Types of Saudi Arabia Visa
Depending on the purpose of your travel to Saudi Arabia, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside in Saudi Arabia permanently, you will have to apply for a different Saudi Arabia Visa, accordingly.
- Business Visa
- Diplomatic and Official Visa
- Employment Visa
- Escort Visa (for the spouse and children of the principal traveler)
- Visitor Visa
- Residence Visa
- Student Visa
- Work Visit Visa
- Hajj Visa
- Umrah Visa
Saudi Arabia Business Visa
The Saudi Arabia business visa is issued to travellers visiting the country for brief business meetings, conferences or training. The visa is of two types; a 3-month single entry or a 6-month multiple entry Saudi Arabia business visa. You are only entitled to up to a maximum of a 30-day during each visit.
Saudi Arabia Work Visa
The Saudi Arabia work visa is issued to person(s) who want to reside and work in Saudi Arabia. You will be required to provide the contract of employment, invites and other sites such as a medical report and attestation certificate of qualifications.
Saudi Arabia Visitor Visa
The Saudi Arabia visitor visa is for individuals who plan to visit relatives or friends in Saudi Arabia. You will be required to provide a visa invitation for this type of visa.
Saudi Arabia Student Visa
The Saudi Arabia student visa is a visa granted to applicants who want to study in Saudi Arabia. Applicants must be granted admission to a Saudi Arabian institution before applying for the student visa.
Saudi Arabia Visa Requirements for Ghanaians
Below is a list of documents you would need to provide when putting in an application for the Saudi Arabian visa in Ghana.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas (if any) – valid for at least 6 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A completed and duly signed Saudi Arabia visa application form.
- A recent passport sized photographs capture the full face with a light background.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Saudi Arabia.
- A detailed flight itinerary showing the applicant’s full name, date of entry and exit.
- Hotel reservation for the duration of the intended stay in Saudi Arabia.
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Saudi Arabia.
- Original invitation letter from the inviting relative or company in Saudi Arabia.
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel (if employed).
- Proof of payment of visa fee.
How to Apply for Saudi Arabia in Ghana
- the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. Fill the form in BLOCK LETTERS.
- Browse through to this website. Click “Obtain a visa and complete the online form.
- Pay the visa application fees (see below).
- Take the visa application form and supporting documents listed above and the filled application form to the Saudi Arabia Embassy in Accra.
Saudi Arabia Visa Fees in Ghana
- The Saudi Arabian single entry visa fees is $533.
- A multiple entry, 6-month visa is $800.
- A Saudi Arabia one year visa cost $1333.
NOTE: The Visa Fee is subject to change without notice.